Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA Range

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It's the first evening after a major gun show and the last evening before a long holiday weekend. You guys have fun.
    Didn't think about that.... Anyone have some plates I can borrow?
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Yeah, it probably will be a bit busy. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit for range time as it seems to be the norm. What sucks though, is waiting for a while only to find out your assigned lane happens to be next to the dude alternating between a shotgun and .308.
    Yeaaah uhh, sir, you have 5 minutes remaining.

If you guys don't mind me asking, is it ok for shooters who are substantially earlier in their shooting journey (aka myself) to tag along for some advice and feedback? I'd love to meet some of you guys and get some feedback from people who know what they're doing, but I also don't want to be "that guy" who slows you all down or kills the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_S View Post
    If you guys don't mind me asking, is it ok for shooters who are substantially earlier in their shooting journey (aka myself) to tag along for some advice and feedback? I'd love to meet some of you guys and get some feedback from people who know what they're doing, but I also don't want to be "that guy" who slows you all down or kills the party.
    Totally. First time I met Todd was at the nra range. With 2 minutes worth of free advice from him, I fixed a huge problem with my grip and shot the best groups of my life to that point. He ran his advanced drills, I ran my really really basic ones. I didn't see him laugh even once...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Good luck guys, it was packed when I left.

Uh yeah. It's packed. Haven't been flagged yet, but I'm still in the waiting room.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Totally. First time I met Todd was at the nra range. With 2 minutes worth of free advice from him, I fixed a huge problem with my grip and shot the best groups of my life to that point. He ran his advanced drills, I ran my really really basic ones. I didn't see him laugh even once...
    This is really cool. Great stuff!

In that case, I'll try to be there if work doesn't step in the way. Hope to see you guys on Thursday.

We are diminished
    So looks like just MDS, Chirs, and me? I'll be there a bit early getting in some practice.

We are diminished
    Sorry... something has come up and I have to bail. Maybe next time you're in town, MDS!

User Tag List