Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: .22 LR ammo - what do you use?

Another vote for CCI. I use mini-mags or standard velocity in all my semi-autos, including with suppressors and it works great. Costs a little more than bulk, but not that much more if you stock up when there is a sale and it is worth it for the reliability.

My bolt action rifle takes Eley or RWS only. That costs a lot more, but with an Anschutz rifle the accuracy expectations change a little.

i use CCI

i use CCI .22lr ammo exclusively in my sig sauer 1911-22. especially stingers and mini-mags.

22lr ammo

In my lcr22 any 22 ammo works great.
    In our Beretta 21a bobcat 22lr cci stingers and mini mags are the ccw ammo. (never failed). For target the Winchester dynapoints worked great but do to poor availability I am switching to winchester 555. They are a little more powerful suposedly and thats what the bobcat needs to cycle. (high velocity ammo).

CCI Mini Mag for the finicky Sig Mosquito.

Mostly Federal or Winchester bulk pack. Occasionally CCI as well. I think of CCI as the good stuff. I only have one plain jane 10/22 LTR, so no real point spending money for match grade stuff.

22lr ammo

I have the LCR22 and it fires all the 22 ammo just fine. For SD I load cci Stingers hp.
    For my 21a bobcat SD I load cci Stingers also.
    As for practice the bobcat is very fussy only high velocity ammo will cycle it properly.
    I had good luck with Win. ZDynapoints but can't find them lately so I tried the Win. bulk ammo 555 from Walmart.
    The number denotes the quantity in the bulk box. Some stores sell them as 225, 336 etc. They are
    22lr 37gr hp 1250fps winchesters.
    They cycle my 21a with no problem and shoot clean. They will be my new practice ammo, I like em.

User Tag List