Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WML

It's hard to argue against the TLR-1 "for the money". The Surefire lights are very good lights, and if you can swing the price, go for them, but don't turn you nose up on the TLR-1 in the least.

X300 all the way, IMHO.

Unless you can guarantee you will never have to shoot with just one hand, seems like you want a light with a remote activation pressure pad like the X300.

The X300 is awesome to be certain, but is this particular type of awesome worth $175 more compared to the streamlight unit?

For my uses, the answer is no.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    The X300 is awesome to be certain, but is this particular type of awesome worth $175 more compared to the streamlight unit?

For my uses, the answer is no.
    X300's can be had for 220$ or so so I would say 120$ more but still I understand where you are coming from.

Something for the OP, the x300 and TLR-1 have different spills/lumen outputs. I know a few people who prefer x300's on their rifle and TLR-1 on their handguns due to the spill pattern.
    Chemist.

I won't use a flashlight for "serious" purpose other than Surefire. I've been using the x300 on my pistols for years, and would say that I'd take a used x300 (they can be had used for pretty decent prices, the x200s even more so) over another light brand new, any day of the week and twice on Sunday. My carbine light is a Mini-Scout, my pocket light is an E2 Outdoorsman, and my spare truck light is a 6P. I've got a C2 and another 6P floating around, and I've owned several more. Their warranty and customer service is second to none, and their product is superior IMO (except for their helmet light, but every company can put out a stinker once in a while, it's not a bad admin light).

x300, accept no substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Personally, I don't care for the light/laser combos but that's just me.
    I am curious why that is? I'm also looking into the laser and light options out there. Everything the folks here are saying says, "lasers are a really good idea" and at the same time, a WML also seems like a really good idea too. So it makes sense (to me) that having a combo unit is a good idea. If you don't opt for a combo unit, it seems to me that a laser + handheld light makes more sense than a WML, due to the advantages of laser. I'm curious since this is something that I'll be making decisions on in the next few months.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

I had a TLR-2 for a while. It fell off my gun on two separate occasions while shooting. I replaced it with an X300 and haven't looked back.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

That visor guy has a good write up, I can't add much to it:

https://docs.google.com/View?id=dg8rvhdd_26jz66whch

I will say that from a CC standpoint I do not believe there is a size difference worth discussing.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List