Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Laser

Does anyone else find that they lower the pistol from a normal sight picture when shooting with a laser? I've had fantastic results with accuracy, but the position of my gun seems awkward because I want to lower the pistol about 4" from what would otherwise be a normal sight picture. It's like my brain wants an uncluttered view of the target/spot so I start pushing the gun down and out of the way. I'm shooting an HK45c with a Viridian C5L.

Quote Originally Posted by Twobuh View Post
    Does anyone else find that they lower the pistol from a normal sight picture when shooting with a laser? I've had fantastic results with accuracy, but the position of my gun seems awkward because I want to lower the pistol about 4" from what would otherwise be a normal sight picture. It's like my brain wants an uncluttered view of the target/spot so I start pushing the gun down and out of the way. I'm shooting an HK45c with a Viridian C5L.
    I think that's the way it should be used. When I shoot my CTC grips I never bring the pistol up to my eyes.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

We are diminished
    I bring the gun up almost but not quite as high. Basically, I'm looking over the top of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Twobuh View Post
    This is the main reason I can't stand lasers. It just feels so damn awkward, and unless I take a ridiculous amount of time on the trigger pull I end up throwing shots everywhere. Having to do that is like the planets changing alignment and throwing the Earth upside down to me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I've had the C5L for about six weeks (8 range trips and about 800 rounds with the laser). In parallel, most of my shooting has been done with an identical HK45c without a laser.

My first range trip with the C5L was embarrassing. Everyone wanted to watch the guy with the green laser and 5 minutes of dry fire exercises did not leave me well prepared. Sighting in the laser was a breeze with slow deliberate trigger pulls, but the subsequent drills were chaos. I couldn't figure out if I should be looking at the front sight or the laser and the resulting shots filled the target from edge to edge. Normally this would have been an appropriate time for some good jokes at my expense, but you could tell the poor guys watching me were too confused to poke fun.

The breakthrough for me came on my second trip to the range when I stopped looking at the sights and focused only on the target. I'm a little concerned with how low I'm holding the gun now, but with some more range time I should be able to find a more balanced position.
    Last edited by Twobuh; 01-05-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Just got this new Crimson Trace Universal rail laser installed thought I would take a few pictures.

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  37.1 KBName:  012.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  36.3 KBName:  014.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  33.9 KBName:  017.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  30.4 KBName:  018.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  37.0 KB

Haven't been able to try it out yet but since there are few options for this platform this looks promising.

For once my timing worked out, the Indy 1500 gunshow was in session this weekend and I was able to have Raven make a holster for the combo.

As you can see the laser can be activated by the trigger finger or the offhand thumb. I assumed the laser was momentary but the laser stays on until deactivated by touching the pad again.

So far, I like it.
    Last edited by JohnN; 01-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just got this new Crimson Trace Universal rail laser installed thought I would take a few pictures.

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  37.1 KBName:  012.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  36.3 KBName:  014.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  33.9 KBName:  017.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  30.4 KBName:  018.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  37.0 KB

Haven't been able to try it out yet but since there are few options for this platform this looks promising.

For once my timing worked out, the Indy 1500 gunshow was in session this weekend and I was able to have Raven make a holster for the combo.

As you can see the laser can be activated by the trigger finger or the offhand thumb. I assumed the laser was momentary but the laser stays on until deactivated by touching the pad again.

So far, I like it.
    JohnN

I was at the Indy 1500 this weekend too! I was actually one of the guys who brought them cowbell haha.
    Chemist.

Anyone with connections at CTC have any info on plans/availability (or lack of) for a LaserGUARD for M&P fullsize or compact? They already have Laserlight and Lasergrip.

Site Supporter
    Why would they build a laserguard for a gun they can build an integral grip for? I wish they'd get around to making a pair the the M&P45c. Have them on my LCP and LCR. Plan on a pair of the Gen4 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Why would they build a laserguard for a gun they can build an integral grip for? I wish they'd get around to making a pair the the M&P45c. Have them on my LCP and LCR. Plan on a pair of the Gen4 models.
    Left handed shooters may have difficulty adjusting their grip so the beam isn't obstructed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

User Tag List