Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA Carry Guard?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Finger on the trigger WAY too early, particularly given he is using a striker fired gun.

Most people are concerned about NDs when bolstering but a fair percentage of NDs occur on the draw.
    You're kidding right? I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic when I mentioned his mustache and clothing but maybe I should have put j/k or a smiley.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    You're kidding right? I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic when I mentioned his mustache and clothing but maybe I should have put j/k or a smiley.
    You should. There is no tone in text. That is what emojis are for.

As for the mustache, clothing etc - I would expect a guy who fits the fireaems instructor stereotype so well to know better but once again - never assume.

I was hoping the carry guard would be more derived from the LE side of the NRA training house but this does does not bode well.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-02-2017 at 12:48 PM.

I was hoping the carry guard would be more derived from the LE side of the NRA training house but this does does not bode well.
    You gotta re-calibrate your sarcasm meter, it was pretty obviously a joke.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

As for the mustache, clothing etc - I would expect a guy who fits the fireaems instructor stereotype so well to know better but once again - never assume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj60OAh7O5U

;-)

I read that the guy in the picture--James Jarret, I believe--had his hand reconstructed after some type of police or military related injury like shrapnel from a bomb. His hand had to be rebuilt or something and thus he doesn't have good control over it.

I agree that a course constructed by the NRA LEO trainers would have been better--but it seems that they relied on the flash of Special Warfare to draw students.
    Last edited by Ed L; 05-02-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I need to do more reading as I've been considering one of these insurance schemes, but do they all reimburse after the fact? I thought I read on the NRA side of the equation they reimburse you after you have won your case and not pay up front for legal services.
    Check out the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I read that the guy in the picture--James Jarret, I believe--had his hand reconstructed after some type of police or military related injury like shrapnel from a bomb. His hand had to be rebuilt or something and thus he doesn't have good control over it.

I agree that a course constructed by the NRA LEO trainers would have been better--but it seems that they relied on the flash of Special Warfare to draw students.
    A lot of people wouldn't known that context. Would have been better had they used someone else for a similar picture showing a much less flubbed looking draw.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Maybe the NRA should be afraid if the competition from the USCCA if the photo they are using to kick things off is any indication.

To quote Chuck Haggard "It makes baby Odin weep...."

Seriously, who thought using this photo was a good idea ?

Attachment 16178
    This picture is worth so much more than 1,000 words...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post

Regardless, the real issue is with the NRA program or marketing director who chose this image to represent their program.

Regardless, the real issue is with the NRA program or marketing director who chose this image to represent their program.
    Not to mention Dana Loesch's scowling visage everywhere I turn. Okay, I get it...she's scary.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List