Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Pistol Selection - (Help Me)-

Hmmm the chief likes XDs and the guns have to be two tone. Coincidence? Given the last list of choices your Chief has made your decision.

We did gun testing one time among Sigs, Glocks, and SW 4006s. SW was a dIstant third behind Glocks and Sig as the top choice. The asst chief chose SW because they would laser engrave our patch on them. Coincidently he received #s 1 and two in a presentation case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Wait. Your department requires two tone?

Wow. That may very well be the single stupidest service pistol requirement I've ever heard.
    Was any explanation given as to why they mandate this?

This decision was made by command and entierly based on cosmetic reasons. I was essentially told our guns will be admired and look more expensive in two-tone. If it had something to do with a lubricating-style-nickel-boron coating that protected the gun I could understand it more but it doesn't. It's a personal preference that eliminates a lot of good guns from being considered.

I have found some Glocks online that have a NiB-x coating but the models seem to be limited and I'm sure availability is weak without the option of paying an LE agency price.

Out of the choices you have left the sigs look better than the rest.MI state police use them and there are plenty of BG's around,especially in the big cities.Too bad they won't let you get P-30's.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Update....The Glock 22 Gen.4 is out of the running. Why might you ask? Ejection problems? Nope. Problems with a WML? Nope. Shooting to the left? Nope

Then why would it ever be not considered in the running for a duty gun replacement?

BECAUSE IT'S NOT TWO-TONE!!!!
    Somebody should be fucking fired for that.
    The fact that a cosmetic preference will eliminate the PROVEN superior choices from the equation would result in an immediate face-tasering if I was present.
    I shit you not in the slightest.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

EPIC SIG LINE F2S!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    I know at one point, I saw M&P's that were black and silver two toned. They had stainless slides and black frames. I would contact S&W and see if they could do that again for you. Cabelas also has the FDE and black M&P's, but I figured the boss wants silver and black.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Update....The Glock 22 Gen.4 is out of the running. Why might you ask? Ejection problems? Nope. Problems with a WML? Nope. Shooting to the left? Nope

Then why would it ever be not considered in the running for a duty gun replacement?

BECAUSE IT'S NOT TWO-TONE!!!!

Problem?

A silver slide was clarified...you know its totally embarrassing. I've put a lot of effort into this and used much of the info I've learned here but I'm getting no where. I'm "tunnel-visioned" on the Glock. I shoot, train, and study this stuff more than anyone at my dept. but at the end of the day my suggestion means nothing because it's not silver. It's frustrating. I don't know what to really do about it other than to continue with my evaluation and pick the best canidate pistol, turn in my report and let the powers that be make the choice.

To all the M&P suggestions, I contacted their rep in December and he emailed me some info and communication ceased. Ive sent several emails without answer and finally approached a distributor for a T&E gun. That was almost 5 months ago with no contact from S&W. They have been the worst company I've dealt with. Sig and Glock get a tie for best with FN close behind. Those companies have super helpful reps. Springfield Armory LE divison hasnt answered their phone for apparently 7 months, thankfully.

I've learned a lot so far, good and bad,

Man... in my view, this is some serious gov. misappropriation shit. To discount a DUTY use weapon for COSMETIC reasons is some super high grade negligence in my book. I'm not the whistle blowing type by any means, but I would seriously think about raising some hell. Even if they didn't go with your personal pick (the glock) the fact that the appearance value of a particular finish is even being considered has me on level 10... This is total bullshit.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

User Tag List