Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

That man deserves a beer.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Is anyone following the bitching session going on between Travis Haley and M4Guru on Lightfighter? It's pretty hilarious.

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a.../m/96920244863
    need to be a member to view

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Knowing a little bit about M4Guru...he's not exactly the sort of guy you're going to win many arguments with.

I am reading the Lightfighter thread right now and all I can say is "oh damn lol".

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    What I think:
    Complete Glock trigger group w/3.5# connector: $45
    Dremel: $64
    Flitz polish: $3

Total: $112 and I own a Dremel (aka: home gunsmithing kit) when I'm finished.
    All true. However, your time is worth something as well. It's not just about the price of the parts. Also, the above estimate doesn't address the pre-travel mod. In anticipation of someone saying, "I don't want that anyway.", well ... this kit prob isn't for you then. Not you Jody ... the collective you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It's not just a function of how much the striker is pre-cocked. Either the mechanism disables the firing pin block safety when at rest (which is unacceptable to most people) or the trigger has to move enough to push the block out of the way during the trigger press. That's no slight against the FSS, it's just reality.

Much like attempts to make a 1911 as reliable as a Glock...

I'll never understand the cult that's grown around "the 1911 trigger."
    As someone who's carrying one now. Completely agree.

It talked me into buying one as my first handgun. That being said, a light trigger, trying to prep it and the 1911... I can group very well with the gun, honestly I can, but... I don't think the sun rises and sets on 1911's triggers. It's easy to feel, but, it is what it is, I wouldn't call them ND's because I had the gun pointed down range, and I was shooting, but, I've shot my 1911 somewhat quickly just, doing double taps, or what not, and when prepping the trigger in recoil, waiting for the gun to fall back into place from muzzle climb, fired it again and shot high on a target.

I've only done it a few times, but if I haven't shot it for awhile, I can make that mistake. To me... That loses it's usefulness, I think I've finally watered down to going to the Glock.

ETA: Also in my amateur naive opinion... to point out the obvious, The 1911 trigger looks like this

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0...h=1911_trigger

and pushes a spring after riding on the inside of the frame, there is no vertical movement, only a horizontal movement, it more of... let's say "slides".

Glock/M&P's triggers curve, and they pulled on a spring but the trigger rotates slightly in a socket, one is pushed in grooves in a frame, one rotates in a socket.

They're different, now you can say "1911 like" trigger but... mechanically, that's an inaccurate statement in my amateur naive opinion.

ETA 2: and 1:45 into the video... he dives right into that. But anyway, I'd say the same applies to all of them (the Apex F.S.S., etc) but, if you had very very precise trigger to frame fit in a 1911, with maybe a trigger that had parts of it milled out to lighten the weight of the physical trigger, as well as doing other things beyond my knowledge, you could have an extremely nice trigger. Just for me, for the finesse that I seriously lack, prepping a 1911 trigger has a learning curve that I don't see as it being the end all be all solution, but, anyway, TMI.
    Last edited by BWT; 12-24-2011 at 08:36 PM.

1) regardless of the merits of that trigger, I hope this forum never degenerates into such impolite discussion as the Lightfighter thread on this topic.

2) I see Larry Vickers weighed in on this trigger on the thread on M4. Never would have guessed that someone's drop in trigger for a Glock would have created such a stir.

It's not the trigger, it's the guy that's marketing it.

1) regardless of the merits of that trigger, I hope this forum never degenerates into such impolite discussion as the Lightfighter thread on this topic.
    That's one thing about LF, is that when somebody posts some stuff that the SMEs think is BS, the call-out is usually swift and merciless. I think "impolite" is irrelevant. It's a self-policing community, that's just the way they roll over there, and I for one like knowing that the BS is kept to a minimum not just by the moderator, but many members take ownership of the site. I've been there for 8 years now, and of the 2 dudes I've referred, one loved it, and one went back to arfcom because LF was "mean".

Lightfighter is free, as you say, to "roll that way," and you accept that to participate there. I do enjoy their exchange of information. Degenerate was the wrong word, as I wasn't trying to criticize LF.

PF, so far, has had folks disagree without being disagreeable, and had a minimum of vulgarity. I am not a moderator, but I sure appreciate the tone of PF and hope it continues as it has started. I believe the tone of PF is an important reason it has become so successful, although this may just be my bias as I strive to disagree politely and express my opinions without the use of profanity in my written communication.
    Last edited by GJM; 12-24-2011 at 10:59 PM.

User Tag List