Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

The videos Rob posted are hard to refute.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    And I'm not casting stones at Jeff. Were he to respond, I hope he'd address Robb's videos only.
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    The videos Rob posted are hard to refute.

I'm sure Jeff would speak with Mr. Jensen should Mr. Jensen choose to do so. That is as far as I am going to go on that matter.

I don't have access to M4c at work but Robb Jensen is the guy who confirmed it and I believe he posted video evidence. Robb's integrity and knowledge are not in question by anyone who knows him, including myself.
    I asked Jeff Wilson about this once too and he assured me no safeties are compromised.

Admittedly, I haven't watched Robb's video. I read the thread a long time ago in it's early stages but haven't in a while.

All I know is the Skimmer has been tested thoroughly by Jeff, Travis, and lots of other folks (not me) and there have been no safety issues. I don't have the Skimmer but have two other www.GlockTriggers.com kits (Vogel Challenger & Guardian) and I've never had any issues. I have put many thousands of rounds through the Challenger to date. The Guardian is still in the few thousand category.

I'm not attempting to start any altercation or argument on whose integrity or creds are better than others. I just don't want to see Jeff's product dismissed based on a few posts on a couple of forums.

It'd be pretty easy to repeat the test Robb did.
    An armorers 1/2 plate and a punch.
    No integrity or credentials need be challenged.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

forgive my ignorance but I can't even tell what the guy is doing in any of these videos and how that would actually happen when carrying the pistol in real life (vs. sticking a glock tool in there)...

He is pushing down on the connector which releases the striker. This should not ever happen (unless the trigger is pressed) because the striker block should be active and prevent the striker from going forward. The fact that this happens shows that the striker block is moved out of it's "rest & safe" position to an "active" position - not good. If the gun is dropped in this condition it could fire.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Actually I think he is pushing down on the trigger bar cruciform which is where the "drop safety" is located. The drop safety is built into the trigger mechanism housing and is like a shelf. When the trigger is at rest in the forward position the cruciform sits on the shelf and is not able to move down and release the striker. As the trigger is pulled the cruciform moves to the rear and off that shelf where it can then move down to release the striker and fire the gun.

The drop safety is intended to prevent the trigger bar from moving and the striker from being released with a sudden momentum change (i.e. being dropped on a hard surface).

The firing pin safety is a seperate safety that blocks the striker. The videos don't say whether or not that safety mechanism is disengaged or not.
    Last edited by 167; 05-08-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Thank you both for replying. I think my confusion lied in, how the trigger bar could actually be pushed down since as you put it, it lays on the "shelf" of the trigger housing. In a non-modified gun, the cruciform can't go anywhere down when the trigger is fully forward because it is lying on the "shelf".

I failed to realize the modifications that were possible with the trigger. If I am interpreting this correctly (and the videos have merit, which I would have no idea), one could assume that the skimmer trigger when fully forward, doesn't allow the cruciform to lay on the shelf and is actually further back (and elevated off the shelf as it raises before finally descending to release the striker) in the firing process than a non modified trigger. As such, it would have the ability to be pushed down (at least by the glock tool). If the dimensions on the trigger bar were the same as the original, this would also mean, that the firing pin block was also depressed (unless modifications were made to that too), not only allowing the striker to release but also allowing the striker to reach the primer.

Yeah, my naming may not be perfect but the bottom line is that it looks like the firing pin safety is disengaged.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

And I'm not casting stones at Jeff. Were he to respond, I hope he'd address Robb's videos only.
    I'm sure that Jeff would be more than willing to speak with Mr. Jensen concerning the videos and the product in general. If you know Mr. Jensen, please pass along the number 877-454-0877 to him and suggest that he call Jeff.

User Tag List