Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glock triggers.

Gen 4 Glock triggers.

Are Gen 4 Glocks still coming with a heavier trigger pull, than Gen 3 Glocks?

Based on a sample of 8 Gen 4 9 mm Glocks, the Gen 4 triggers are both heavier and creepier than our Gen 3 pistols. Enough so, we have recently bought some pre-2010 Gen 3 17's. As an aside, the dot connector that comes on the Gen 4 pistols makes for a nice trigger on a Gen 3 pistol.

My perception of the five Gen 4 9mm's we have is they are clearly heavier with any given connector - but with the dot or 5.5 connector smoother/cleaner in take up and break. OTOH, minus connectors are unique unto every Glock in my experience in terms of the exact quality of the pull.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Are Gen 4 Glocks still coming with a heavier trigger pull, than Gen 3 Glocks?
    It's caused by a change in the underlying geometry of the trigger housing and not something that is likely to change any more than it already has with the dot connector.

So if the minus connector is kind of a crap-shoot, should I just suck it up, be a man, and stick with Mr. Dot?

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    So if the minus connector is kind of a crap-shoot, should I just suck it up, be a man, and stick with Mr. Dot?
    I think it's handy to have some different connectors on hand to try out and we've got a couple of the Gen 4's with minus connectors that feel pretty decent. You'll never really know til you try THAT minus connector in THAT pistol.

OTOH, I polished up the OEM dot connector and put it back into that new Gen 4 G26 and it feels the most like the "rolling" break that Todd described about the dot than in any other gun I've tried a dot in. It feels pretty decent so I'll give that a go for awhile.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I think it's handy to have some different connectors on hand to try out and we've got a couple of the Gen 4's with minus connectors that feel pretty decent. You'll never really know til you try THAT minus connector in THAT pistol.

OTOH, I polished up the OEM dot connector and put it back into that new Gen 4 G26 and it feels the most like the "rolling" break that Todd described about the dot than in any other gun I've tried a dot in. It feels pretty decent so I'll give that a go for awhile.

Glad I read that before buying a 4.5 connector to get everything polished up.

I polished mine as well. Seems to help take a little grit out of the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I polished mine as well. Seems to help take a little grit out of the pull.

Did it make it a little easier to shoot? I'm just coming off of polished Apex DCAEK's

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Did it make it a little easier to shoot? I'm just coming off of polished Apex DCAEK's
    Verdict is still out, I need to do a dot torture (coincidentally appropriate drill name) again to test whether it is real or merely imaginary improvement.
    Last edited by EMC; 05-21-2012 at 04:34 PM.

User Tag List