Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: PPQ Q5

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Not George, but, it does not come from trigger movement. It has to do with the striker catch internally. Any hit to the back of the slide will drop the striker easily.

I am sure you guys have one around there. Try it yourself.
    I have one handy....ugh

With the steel guns being the last of the ppq's, this may be a sign they're finally going away for good. Q5 sf for what they should've been priced at all along - $999

https://palmettostatearmory.com/walt...k-2846942.html
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Walther P99 AS

I am wondering if the P99 AS has the same striker drop issue when the striker is in the cocked position. I think it wouldn't if the striker was in the decocked position. There is a button on top of the slide that one pushes down to decock the striker. To overthink things, if the striker is decocked by pushing the button on top of the slide and the striker block isn't blocking the striker, would the pistol fire? Just curious. Any thoughts are welcomed.

I'm so sad that I failed to buy the replacement plates for the old plastic Q5 when they were available. They retained the rear sight, which original plates removed. The RMR footprint option came as a kit WA20K-KIT233 with a part number 5139950. But Walther only made a limited production run and stopped selling them. The eBay is no help.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I am wondering if the P99 AS has the same striker drop issue when the striker is in the cocked position. I think it wouldn't if the striker was in the decocked position. There is a button on top of the slide that one pushes down to decock the striker. To overthink things, if the striker is decocked by pushing the button on top of the slide and the striker block isn't blocking the striker, would the pistol fire? Just curious. Any thoughts are welcomed.
    The P99’s decock button has a protrusion at the bottom that blocks the striker, so fortunately no. You can test this with a primed empty case or a blank (taking all appropriate safety measures) by holding down the decocker and pulling the trigger. The primer won’t detonate despite the trigger pull removing the striker block.

Thanks for the info @Elwin

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Not George, but, it does not come from trigger movement. It has to do with the striker catch internally. Any hit to the back of the slide will drop the striker easily.

I am sure you guys have one around there. Try it yourself.
    Old news, no big deal.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

User Tag List