Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

George, what holster/mag pouch confit are you running for this stuff? I ask not to diminish the success of those times, because they'd still be better than many folks could do it if you let them start with the gun on target.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Pardon the profanity but that's fucking fast, George. I tried to beat a 0.7 draw par in a dry fire yesterday, and I couldn't.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    George, what holster/mag pouch confit are you running for this stuff? I ask not to diminish the success of those times, because they'd still be better than many folks could do it if you let them start with the gun on target.
    Blade-Tech OWB, BOSS hangar, CR Speed belt, combination of Blade Tech and CR Speed mag pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Pardon the profanity but that's fucking fast, George. I tried to beat a 0.7 draw par in a dry fire yesterday, and I couldn't.
    The PPQ fits my hand well, and naturally indexes. Face it, going fast, you have to have the pistol coming out pointing at the right place, as it takes time to adjust. I love the stock Walther trigger, very forgiving. I think shooting PCC the last season helped my eye speed greatly, as I always feel slow now. One more thing -- I made an adjustment to my reload method, involving looking down as I grab the new magazine and watch it the whole path through insertion, which totally sped up my reloads.

I think with some practice, and positive thinking, I can get into the upper .40's with my draw, as I saw .51 too much today, to not at least make me hope for that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  IMG_3006.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3007.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  62.8 KB

Those times are very very impressive. When I get below ~.95 or so on the draw, my shots open up greatly. Looks like I have some work to do...

Quote Originally Posted by BCL View Post
    Those times are very very impressive. When I get below ~.95 or so on the draw, my shots open up greatly. Looks like I have some work to do...
    Something you might try, that I have done quite a bit this summer, is practicing draw and fire two shot drills. That has gotten me in the habit of a quick second shot, and initially acquiring a grip that will let me fire as many shots as desired.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Something you might try, that I have done quite a bit this summer, is practicing draw and fire two shot drills. That has gotten me in the habit of a quick second shot, and initially acquiring a grip that will let me fire as many shots as desired.
    Thanks! I'll have to try that tomorrow or Sunday.

Typical human reaction time is .25 seconds. This can obviously be reduced with training but still...those are ridiculous draw times. Even if you're at a .15 reaction to the buzzer, which is stupid fast compared to the average .25 reaction time, that leaves .35 seconds for you to index on the gun, draw it from your holster, aim and shoot. That's seriously impressive. I doubt I'll ever get below .9-1 second draws. I can't even fathom a draw half as fast as a 1 second draw. Bravo, sir.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Typical human reaction time is .25 seconds. This can obviously be reduced with training but still...those are ridiculous draw times. Even if you're at a .15 reaction to the buzzer, which is stupid fast compared to the average .25 reaction time, that leaves .35 seconds for you to index on the gun, draw it from your holster, aim and shoot. That's seriously impressive. I doubt I'll ever get below .9-1 second draws. I can't even fathom a draw half as fast as a 1 second draw. Bravo, sir.
    Don't sell yourself short. If I can do it, so can you. Before the last six months, .80 something was fast for me.

User Tag List