Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn, I like a revolver!

Damn, I like a revolver!

I got home early enough this evening to shoot a few rounds through my GP 100. There is just something about the mechanical nature of a revolver that just appeals to me. Hearing that click click as the cylinder turns, watching the hammer rise, it just all feels "right". I like semi autos but they have always felt like magic boxes, you pull the trigger and you can see the slide work but it still feels like there's a lot going on I can't see and I'm just not connected to everything going on on the inside like I am with a revolver.
    I know, I know, it's a fluff post that doesn't advance any knowledge base or pose any interesting questions but I had a good time shooting my revolver this evening and since my wife's already heard enough about it but I'm still thinking about it you get a post like this.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

I agree.

I liken the operation of a revolver to the same fascination I have with watching clocks/watches work. All those gears and mechanisms turning in unison is really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics damnit!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

It's older but here's the star of tonight's show

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Right there with you.

Last edited by 167; 03-09-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Yes. Auto-loaders are just a passing fad.

Actually, a compact Glock is nice, as a secondary weapon to back-up a serious sixgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Yes. Auto-loaders are just a passing fad.

Actually, a compact Glock is nice, as a secondary weapon to back-up a serious sixgun.
    I remember back in the 80's when I carried a Model 15, 36 or 19 on and off the job and never felt under-gunned. Of course most folks weren't carrying high capacity back then. I miss carrying a revolver as a primary but I don't know that I could ever go back but in limited circumstances.

I just last week asked Tony to build me a Wing Claw 2.5 for my 686+ and add it to an order I already had in the pipeline.
    Last edited by blues; 03-09-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've been watching videos on YouTube lately of old steam tractors at tractor pulls. Like revolvers they're outdated and outclassed by the new stuff but it's still really cool to see them getting it done. I don't know exactly what it is but revolvers are a sickness. A lot of people don't catch the sickness but for those that do its terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've been watching videos on YouTube lately of old steam tractors at tractor pulls. Like revolvers they're outdated and outclassed by the new stuff but it's still really cool to see them getting it done. I don't know exactly what it is but revolvers are a sickness. A lot of people don't catch the sickness but for those that do its terminal.
    Exactly. I can't be bothered to spend any coin on aftermarket accessories for my autoloaders, save for sights. But at the same time I catch myself looking at the shops of Hamilton Bowen and John Linebaugh and then thinking over how many Blackhawks and whatnot I could reasonably buy and send out for work in the next few years. I guess some people dream of Agency Arms and I dream of a .475 Linebaugh.

Just two nights ago I was perusing my copy of Sixguns.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Exactly. I can't be bothered to spend any coin on aftermarket accessories for my autoloaders, save for sights. But at the same time I catch myself looking at the shops of Hamilton Bowen and John Linebaugh and then thinking over how many Blackhawks and whatnot I could reasonably buy and send out for work in the next few years. I guess some people dream of Agency Arms and I dream of a .475 Linebaugh.

Just two nights ago I was perusing my copy of Sixguns.
    Circa 1990 Hamilton built me several Redhawks: Alpine, 4" .500 Linebaugh, 5 1/2" .475 Linebaugh. Great guy does great work.

User Tag List