Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket holster for a J frame?

I'd have to go with the Uncle Mikes as well. It is slightly less bulky than the Nemesis, but at the price of each, you can buy both to try out. I also like the PocketRoo from Tuff Products. It carries my 442 plus a speed strip and is more ideal for large front pockets, cargo pockets and jacket pocket carry.
    For kydex, take a look at Aholster.com, I have one and it works pretty well. But it is hard, no soft exterior when bending and due to size/shape it is definitely a front pocket only holster. Overall I prefer the UM.

Being a bit of a holster snob, it's hard to say this, but the Uncle Mike's is pretty tough to beat. I've found nothing that actually works better, though the UM's will need to be replaced more often than a higher quality holster.

I use a Kramer pocket holster and like it a lot. I have used it for about 2 years and it looks brand new.

I like leather myself...not sure why though

I like the large wings as shown below, as they can be shaped to fit your leg. The one below will not print, and won't come out of your pocket during the draw. You do have to find a pair of pants that work with pocket carry though. Some pockets are not deep enough, and some pants are too damn tight in the leg to allow you to grip the weapon. Of course I have horse thighs.

I no longer pocket carry a J-frame but once upon a time had a Blackbird from Pocket Concealment Systems. It was very nice. I found it to be a better fit and reduced printing more than the Nemesis and Mika I tried before that.

He's got a wait ... but then who doesn't.

http://pcsholsters.com/main.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Desantis also makes an similar holster with a more aggressively grippy texture on the outside. The name eludes me.
    Superfly

I've carried a J-frame in a several of different pocket holsters. The two most important factors on what makes a decent pocket holster are a complimentary shape to the pocket it is being carried in and retention.

Pocket shapes vary. Carrying a square bottomed holster in a pair of dress pants just doesn't look natural. Carrying a tapered holster in square pocketed Carhartt's allows the gun to flop around in the pocket.

Retention or the lack of it may be the more important factor. Holsters that come out with the gun suck. This can happen because the holster is just too tight or the method the holster uses to snag in the pocket doesn't work.

I see pocket holsters as a device to position the gun consistently and keep anything from getting in the trigger guard. My pocket can do the job of keeping the gun off the floor.

Currently, I'm using a Desantis Nemesis, which does a good job of staying in the pocket when the gun is drawn.

After some posts here and some others I read on other websites I think i am gonna go with a kramer..now to just find one for a good deal haha.
    Chemist.

I've tried a few different J-frame pocket holsters. The Kramer is by far my favorite.

I like the pocket holsters for the J frame by Simply Rugged. They are sturdy, as the name suggests, but are also made of thin leather that breaks up the shape of the revolver in the pocket but doesn't add a lot of bulk. I never understood pocket holsters that were like wrapping the gun in a pot holder.

Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    I tried the nemesis when I had an LCR, it worked well for a couple months but after it wasn't staying in my pocket after the draw.

so far I saw Kramer and Mika, any thoughts on those?
    While the Kramer is another example of the great leather work they have always done, you can't go wrong with the Mika either at 1/3 of the price.

I tried a Kydex for my Kel-Tec and even after getting it replaced for free once and using JB Weld on it, it just wouldn't hold up to rough use. There might be better ones than the one I had.
    I have used the same Mika holster for a J frame for about three years and it still does exactly what it was supposed to.
    I used the nemesis for the P-32 and it worked well but carrying it in jean pocket let the holster mold to the gun so well, it was hard to draw. I have a Mika now for it also.
    Good Luck with your decision.

User Tag List