Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Need new dad bag

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The orange pouches became available and by resistance Kolter!

I missed out on the first run of 0.5 but I can always pick one of those up later I hope.

Attachment 117954
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Still not sure how I'll like going from carrying everything in sub-pockets within the bag vs carrying one sub-bag with sub pockets within the bag.

I was working from a hotel last week and thought of this as I was reaching behind me to pull individual items out of the larger bag and wishing I had a single desk-caddie to place on the desk with everything I need, but then noticing that I really didn't have any room on the tiny hotel desk anyway...

Oh and the 1L pouch is totally empty.
    Last Friday I was WFH and stumbled on a realization that even my relatively-massive power supply for my laptop appears to fit in the larger pouch, along with all of my “use computer at desk” equipment like external mic, external HD, mouse, etc.

I’m going to experiment with moving all of the ancillary stuff like charging cables, etc over the the smaller 1L pouch under th notion that the larger pouch would be deployed when setting up the computer and the smaller pouch deployed for connecting things to it for longer periods, as well as strictly charging devices.

I think that combo will result in the ability to only have to deploy one pouch or the other or both but not always having to deploy two pouches.

Yes, this is way down the rabbit hole, but I am one of those people that gets an imense amount of joy at discovering I’ve figured out a good “tool” workflow. The first time I grabbed my drill off the tool wall in my workshop I was giddy for days.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I know my comment was barely a blip on the radar in this thread, but I reached out to NoSurrenderGear to ask some clarifying questions and after some helpful back and forth, they gave me a pretty significant discount in exchange for my feedback. I'll probably go further than that and make a full-blown review since there's so little info out there about their packs.

I'm taking a trip to DC for a few days in July with the wife and 4 yr old so it'll be a good chance to evaluate how it performs as a "dad bag" and how comfortable it is in hot weather.

User Tag List