Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

And one more

I forgot that I have the Element Drop in as well https://evergoods.us/products/element-drop-in

I figured why not? Having a little extra water resistance in a sleeve that doesn't take up much room and weighs nothing. So far I've used it once to protect my Marriage Certificate when I surprised my wife with a recommitment at the same chapel at The National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation haha

AN RF-WELDED AND BONDED POUCH, DESIGNED FOR LIMITLESS CARRY VERSATILITY IN A WATERPROOF PACKAGE.
    Minimalist yet substantial, utilitarian but still elegant; the ELEMENT Drop In is an essential weatherproof tool in your carry arsenal. Backed by 3+ years of internal R&D efforts, EDI is constructed using radio frequency welding and flat bonding techniques. This is made possible by a custom-developed solution-dyed black textile with a TPU laminate and kiss-coated face. Despite its slim appearance, our signature 3D patterning, mobile dividers, and drop-in slots allow EDI to flex to hold a myriad of everyday and travel loadouts: travel essentials to tech items to even camera kits.

EDI is the first product in our emerging ELEMENT line; a line of EVERGOODS performance equipment comprised of advanced technical construction, innovative manufacturing, and premium textiles.

Is it simply Evergood's version of the Magpul DAKA pouches or does it offer significantly more capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Is it simply Evergood's version of the Magpul DAKA pouches or does it offer significantly more capabilities?
    That’s an interesting question that hadn’t occurred to me.

One difference, from the Evergoods website:
    Center divider contains two (2) 4" wide drop-in slots for EDC items and one (1) 1.25" pen/pencil drop-in slot.

Also FWIW

Evergoods
    – Weight: 6.85oz
    – Dimensions: 13.25" x 8.38" in
    – Zipper opening: 10.5"

Magpul
    Zipper length 10 in.
    External height 9 in.
    External width 13 in.
    Weight: 41 grams (1.44 oz)
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

On the subject of wanting a sling that’s larger than my current Aer..

Below is the current sling comparison.

I ordered, and returned, the Chrome Tensile prior to a recent trip to try it as an airplane bag. It proved to be Too floppy, with no iPad slot, and not enough internal storage.

The use-case for this bag is the “personal item” (ignoring how out of hand and lax that has gotten lately…) that can fit under the seat in front of me while leaving room for my feet at 6’-1”, carries all my normal sling bag kit, plus an iPad (mini at least) as well as the over-ear headphones. I’m toying with whether or not it should also have room for a pullover or a lightweight change of clothes for certain applications. Would also be nice to have something a little larger when I’m attending conferences (as I happen to be right now, so that and the flight to get here are top of mind at the moment).

Really wanting that Chrome Kadet Max…*

ETA: based on this video it seems like it may be too large for the under-seat option, but it also looks like my Lenovo work laptop would fit in it (mine looks a lot like his). This has me thinking of categorizing the slings based on a size hierarchy

Fits Laptop
    Fits full-size iPad
    Fits iPad Mini
    smaller than iPad Mini

On that note, there are quite a few bags that are within a hair of fitting the mini, but just barely won't. Even my Aer has a new version out that's slightly smaller which means it wouldn't fit (mine has to kind of stretch to fit). Kind of a shame.

Name:  IMG_1027.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  85.3 KB
    Last edited by rob_s; 04-17-2024 at 06:38 AM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Looking up the Magpul Daka, it looks very similar in function.

Site Supporter
    On first blush, the evergood looks to be a bit more “waterproof” To me, it does not look 3x+ more water proof given the price differences. Obviously a little side by side with the DAKA stuff in the sink/pool/shower would sort that out rather quickly.

Moreover, if I really wanted something to stay dry, I would never rely on anything with a just a zipper. I would be adding a zip lock or a compactor or a dry bag of some sort to the mix depending what the item was and what were the stakes involved ie. When hiking Philmont, my sleep system was in a “dry” compression bag, inside a trash compactor bag, inside the pack itself that may have had a rain cover deployed. I was going to and always slept warm and dry.

Evergoods stuff looks to be well designed with an interesting USA based origin story. They certainly want to give you the impression that they sew in Bozeman MT.

Multiple sources say they sew in Vietnam. A little transparency on the issue would be appreciated.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    On first blush, the evergood looks to be a bit more “waterproof” To me, it does not look 3x+ more water proof given the price differences. Obviously a little side by side with the DAKA stuff in the sink/pool/shower would sort that out rather quickly.

Moreover, if I really wanted something to stay dry, I would never rely on anything with a just a zipper. I would be adding a zip lock or a compactor or a dry bag of some sort to the mix depending what the item was and what were the stakes involved ie. When hiking Philmont, my sleep system was in a “dry” compression bag, inside a trash compactor bag, inside the pack itself that may have had a rain cover deployed. I was going to and always slept warm and dry.

Evergoods stuff looks to be well designed with an interesting USA based origin story. They certainly want to give you the impression that they sew in Bozeman MT.

Multiple sources say they sew in Vietnam. A little transparency on the issue would be appreciated.

Name:  IMG_2428.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  87.1 KB

Here is the tag on mine, I believe it is sewn in Vietnam from what I gathered around the net. They were made here until about 7 years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/EVERGOODS/c...ving_overseas/

This doesn't change my opinion on their products if their quality continues like what I have. "But" whenever I can buy a similar product that is a little more and not made in China, I will do so.

My Vertx Polo I'm wearing was made in the Honduras

My EDC Bag 8 pounds 13 oz today

I took some quick pics of how I typically set up my EDC Bag when I go to the office, Evergoods Panel Loader Classic 20L and their pouches.

Name:  IMG_2429.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  25.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2430.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  27.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2431.jpg
Size:  41.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2432.jpg
Size:  41.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2433.jpg
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2434.jpg
Size:  40.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2435.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  68.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_2436.jpg
Size:  48.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2437.jpg
Size:  58.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2438.jpg
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2439.jpg
Size:  48.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_2440.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  33.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2441.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2442.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  35.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2443.jpg
Size:  41.3 KB

I have half a dozen of the large DAKA's. I use them for everything, from document storage to pistol and electronic pouches. MAGPUL says their current DAKAs are waterproof. I think first generation ones were considered water resistant

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I have half a dozen of the large DAKA's. I use them for everything, from document storage to pistol and electronic pouches. MAGPUL says their current DAKAs are waterproof. I think first generation ones were considered water resistant

I had no idea all these DAKA options existed, I'll be picking some up!

User Tag List