Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations on 9mm guns with short trigger reach

I'm just confused how the Walthers are considered special snowflakes for lack of available replacement parts should something break but the HK aren't. I haven't looked too hard but is there really that many places you can go to buy replacement parts for HKs should something break?

The only pistols I know about with easily and readily available internal parts to swap out should something break are 1911s, Glocks, CZ-75, S&W and Hi Powers. I mean I'm sure there's more but those are the big ones I can think of. And even among those there are still certain parts that you just can't find elsewhere easily.

Is the old joke that HK hates consumers and difficult to deal with no longer valid?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I'm just confused how the Walthers are considered special snowflakes for lack of available replacement parts should something break but the HK aren't. I haven't looked too hard but is there really that many places you can go to buy replacement parts for HKs should something break?
    I my experiences and web-perusing SW/Walther has not been very supportive of issues while HK has been, as well as places like HKParts and HKPro that provide knowledge and equipment, respectively. I may be wrong, but I think a lot of users here just work directly with HK for service and parts.

Is the old joke that HK hates consumers and difficult to deal with no longer valid?
    Most definitely. I would say that joke hasn't been applicable in a decade.

I would second the P30 series with whatever LEM set-up she likes. I am quickly approaching satisfaction that my only handguns that aren't a .44 or .22 are Glocks and HKs. I would stay far, far away from any Ruger handgun that wasn't a rimfire or revolver.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 01-05-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

ignore
    Last edited by PNWTO; 01-05-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

FWIW, my wife (5' 3" x 125#) chose the Sig M11 A-1, and we had Sig do a trigger job, primarily to lighten it up just a bit, and she actually preferred the 'fat' standard trigger on our 226, so we had them replace the short reach trigger with the thicker one. Your gf may like the stock, thin trigger on the M11.

She just did a tactical pistol course with it, and did very well. She's been shooting Sigs for about a year now, and prefers the heavierDA pull weight as her 'safety', and likes the de-cocker feature, considering it's her carry gun.
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 01-05-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I my experiences and web-perusing SW/Walther has not been very supportive of issues while HK has been, as well as places like HKParts and HKPro that provide knowledge and equipment, respectively. I may be wrong, but I think a lot of users here just work directly with HK for service and parts.

Most definitely. I would say that joke hasn't been applicable in a decade.

I would second the P30 series with whatever LEM set-up she likes. I am quickly approaching satisfaction that my only handguns that aren't a .44 or .22 are Glocks and HKs. I would stay far, far away from any Ruger handgun that wasn't a rimfire or revolver.
    Well that's all news to me. Good news too.

I bought a P30 they had at the range/LGS. When we went to the range to rent all those guns I shot the P30 and I shot it extremely well and I had been considering maybe adding one to safe ever since and this was just sitting there in the used case and was too good of a deal to pass up so I thought why not.

So at least the GF can shoot the P30, PPQ, and PPS a lot before she decides what to do.

I think the range has the P30SK so depending on which way she leans (ie carry gun or range toy) she can get all her bases covered to give them all some testing before she decides one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post

Not even close to true. Any part I need I can get in a matter of minutes from any of a number of websites, and, if it needs real work, HK USA is top notch on CS. I get that you have an emotional investment in your Walther, but, hey, you asked OUR advice...

CZ trigger reach is so short that it is uncomfortable for me

try a P09/07. I think if the frames were bigger I would have bought one and cajunized it

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Not even close to true. Any part I need I can get in a matter of minutes from any of a number of websites, and, if it needs real work, HK USA is top notch on CS. I get that you have an emotional investment in your Walther, but, hey, you asked OUR advice...
    You are the one that seems to be getting emotional here. It's a gun. I like it. I like lots of guns. On a long enough time line I'll like something else more. I simply was not aware there was any places to get parts for HKs because last time I looked which was a long time ago there wasn't any and that's why I was confused why I was being told no Walthers because you can't find parts but yes to HK because I thought they were both in the same boat. Happy to hear that's not the case though. Thank you for clearing that up.

Get a G19 and throw an overwatch precision trigger in there. Drastically reduces the trigger reach with its shortened pretravel.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    CZ trigger reach is so short that it is uncomfortable for me

try a P09/07. I think if the frames were bigger I would have bought one and cajunized it
    Is there some context to your statement that I missed? If you think ANY CZ trigger reach is short, your hand size makes your input pretty much irrelevant to this thread.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

User Tag List