Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm still tentatively excited for the Ranger Raptor, tempered by the fact Ford will probably flub the launch like the Bronco.
    We have decided to order a Bronco, when you can order a Bronco, and then wait until we get what we want. Someday...

I really *want* to like the Gladiator. I just think I'd get tired of it. I'm still tentatively excited for the Ranger Raptor, tempered by the fact Ford will probably flub the launch like the Bronco.
    I can't fault that line of thinking at all. The next few years are going to be exciting in this market segment. The next gen Ranger is going to be a great truck, looks sharp, and the Raptor version will be very cool and capable.
    I expect Toyota to have to respond strongly to the midsize truck competition they're facing after resting on their laurels for a long time (I had an '08 tacoma - outstanding truck - I traded it for a new '16 when the new ones came out and realized quickly I'd just taken on a payment to drive the same truck with a better radio and worse motor/trans...thankfully that was an easy trade to recoup costs on, but if I were smart i'd still be driving the '08 and it literally would still be worth today what I got for it in trade in late '15).
    The new frontiers are pretty slick.
    If GM updates the Colorado/Canyon soon they could really have a player, too. They had a good thing going on the ZR2s and especially the Bison.
    The Gladiator is the odd duck out being half-Jeep but it offers a unique feature set. If they do shoehorn the Hurricane into it, that could be a cool option. A 392'd Mojave seems obvious at this point, but cha-ching...

I'm really liking mine so far, just crossed over 700 miles already. It's a lot of fun to drive, but I must caveat that with the bookends of A.) I kept my Outback as a DD, and B.) I grin like an idiot driving a Suzuki Samurai - so I'm both a hypocrite and a nutjob.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    The Chrysler v6s have a significant problem with the oil filter housing/cooler design. Plan on replacing it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Good argument for a dashcam. Did they catch the CRV?
    Nope. There was no realistic chance of that happening.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    If they do shoehorn the Hurricane into it, that could be a cool option.
    I think the Wrangler/Gladiator and an inline six would just be like peas and carrots. It just seems proper that they should evolve from the 4.2 to the 4.0 to the Hurricane.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Well, I did something dumb. I test drove an F150 Raptor. I'm not 100% sold on it due to it's width, but I certainly get the appeal. It's a blast to drive. It tickled my gibbly bits in ways the Gladiator couldn't come close to.

But it is fucking big.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

FIFY:
    But it is fucking cool.
    A buddy has a Tremor, not quite so wide but with the same engine tune package.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    FIFY:

A buddy has a Tremor, not quite so wide but with the same engine tune package.

I looked at the Tremor as well, and you can get a new one for about what I'd pay for a 3-4 year old Raptor...but it's not the Raptor suspension or ground clearance. My wife did not find it as 'pretty' either. That sort of thing matters.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My wife did not find it as 'pretty' either. That sort of thing matters.
    I guess no matter what, CDI never goes away...

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    The Chrysler v6s have a significant problem with the oil filter housing/cooler design. Plan on replacing it.
    Lifters, cams and oil pumps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List