Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best aftermarket barrel to improve accuracy in a Glock 19/17?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Am I out of my mind for believing that to be almost a line of crap? The stock glock trigger is more than reasonable, IMHO.
    I wouldn't say you're out of your mind. As I said, a lot of it is personal preference.

However, read through the many posts here about the limitations of the HK LEM trigger. Go shoot a really good 1911 trigger. Maybe play with some gamer's Glock trigger just to see the kind of difference that can be made.

You may still prefer your stock trigger - heck, my G34's I use for USPSA are virtually stock when it comes to the triggers. You also may find that your accuracy improves with an "improved" trigger, though how it is improved will be for you to determine. I can say that probably no one in the world seems to prefer a really heavy, long trigger with a bunch of creeping and stages and grittiness.

I am saying this in the context of pure accuracy. It seems that if one can't shoot a good group due to their ability to use the stock trigger that a barrel should be lower on their list than other items. That does not mean I prefer a stock Glock or HK LEM, or anything else. Just means that the shooter who is asking about barrels is likely good enough such that the trigger is not an issue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Banned
    I am saying this in the context of pure accuracy. It seems that if one can't shoot a good group due to their ability to use the stock trigger that a barrel should be lower on their list than other items. That does not mean I prefer a stock Glock or HK LEM, or anything else. Just means that the shooter who is asking about barrels is likely good enough such that the trigger is not an issue.
    That makes sense, but when do you decide when the barrel is holding you back rather than the trigger?

FWIW, two weeks ago I would have totally agreed with you, but after playing with the KKM barrel I can say that even with an ok shooter it makes an improvement. I mean, let's say you yank a shot at 15 yards and pull it off target by 3 inches. Would you like to add another inch to that just because of the barrel? On the flip side, maybe the barrel puts what would have been a shot off by three inches an inch closer to the POA. Now I think, "hey, that was a bad trigger pull but I was still only off by a couple of inches!" The barrel "helped" get me closer to POA, but it's unpredictable, and to get the most learning benefit from practice it's helpful to have a gun that gives you the best feedback, and that means making your gun as accurate as it can be.

I've left my trigger on the PPQ completely stock (because well, there are literally no after market parts for it AND I carry the gun), but I can definitely see the benefit of having a better trigger. On the last stage of the match last week, I pulled a shot by .2 inches or so off the head (on target but the call went against me), costing me a -5 and a spot in the competition. With a better trigger, maybe I don't miss that shot? I can see the value of a solid aftermarket barrel too, because having a more accurate gun is always better than having a less accurate gun. I don't have any of these option available, mainly because there are only 6 PPQ owners on the planet apparently, and 4 of them shoot 50 rounds a year out of their guns, so manufacturers aren't real excited to put out after marker parts. If I did, I'd look into it.
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

You can still jerk a finely tuned 1911 trigger.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Banned
    Given an equal jerk, a jerk on a 1911 trigger will not be as inaccurate as a jerk on a longer, heavier trigger.

I have a bar sto barrel in my G34 and it's more accurate than the stock barrel.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Here is a question for the after market Glock barrel users -- does the barrel which provides greater accuracy have the same reliability as the factory barrel?

That's not the point, competitive shooters generally buy things to make their guns as good as possible. That tiny .3 inch difference can be a difference between a win and loss. I'm huge into training and I'm not much of a gear person, but if a piece of gear works and you have the cash, you might as well give it a try.
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is a question for the after market Glock barrel users -- does the barrel which provides greater accuracy have the same reliability as the factory barrel?
    No reliability issues with my bar sto barrel in my G34
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List