Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.5 Lb Connectors

3.5 Lb Connectors

Just wondering for those who do swap out the connectors in their glocks, what do you use and why.

For me all my glocks get a Ghost 3.5 lb connector, I have found that I still have a good. smooth trigger pull that is not too light or heavy. I carry these guns as CC and shoot IDPA with them also. I have better scores with the 3.5 lbs connector than a stock 5.5 lb one.

I use a combo of ghost 3.5's or factory connectors that are NP3 coated (the latter being used with triggers from overwatch precision)

Both slick up the trigger and help out with getting a better break.

It's all personal preference, but I found I really don't care for ZEV or any of the other popular reduced connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Site Supporter
    I have tried the Ghost connectors as well as the Taran Connectors in the past, none were ever quite right for me. I currently use polished Glock "-" connectors in all my Glocks. I felt many of the aftermarket connectors I tried felt "spongy" to me and the factory connectors are a little crisper. My work guns also use Glock extra power firing pin springs (red) ever since we had unusually high rates of failure to fire with a purchase lot of practice ammo.

The more I shoot Glocks the more I find myself leaving them stock in regard to the triggers. An Apex striker block and HRED are the only non factory parts.
    Polite Professional

I use a Glock OEM 3.5lb connect in concert with a NY1 trigger spring in my carry G19. I get a nice rolling break trigger that has the same weight throughout the trigger pull. I like it.

I had a ghost evo elite in my 19 for around 1500 rounds and it was a really sweet trigger. It was drastically different than the stock trigger to me and my other guns were stock so I now have a np3 coated glock minus connector and I'm really liking it.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I use a Glock OEM 3.5lb connect in concert with a NY1 trigger spring in my carry G19. I get a nice rolling break trigger that has the same weight throughout the trigger pull. I like it.
    This is what I like too.

Site Supporter
    Glock OEM 3.5lb with a Glock OEM 5.5 lb TRS and I drive on. This has been my combo across 6 pistols since 05. My limited direct and moderate vicarious experience is that the basic Ghost 3.5 is a decent 2nd choice.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-20-2016 at 04:05 PM.

I'm using a TTI connector with their safety and striker springs, with the OEM trigger return spring. It pulls at 4.5# on a Lyman digital trigger gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Glock OEM 3.5lb with a Glock OEM 5.5 lb TRS and I drive on. This has been my combo across 6 pistols since 05. My limited direct and moderate vicarious experience is that the basic Ghost 3.5 is a decent 2nd choice.
    Every Glock I carry is set up this way. Polished OEM "-" and standard TRS.

I'm all stock now, except for using 3rd generation smooth faced triggers in all my GLOCKs. I did the Ghost Evo for a while, and I liked the "rolling break," but it was too light for my taste for a duty gun. In fact, I recently UNinstalled all my polished connectors and triggers, replaced with brand new stock components and a touch of grease on the connector, and, guess what, I was able to easily shoot a perfect 300/300 on our qualification with my G19, even though I've been focusing on my VP9 lately... Meanwhile, another dude shooting next to me with a G22 with a KKM precision barrel, after market 3.5 connector, reduced power trigger, firing pin, and FPB springs shot in the low 280s.

I know that might sound preachy, but, frankly, I think the factory components are workable for what they are, and what a Glock is supposed to be - a duty/self defense pistol - not a bullseye gun.

I will admit that if I had $90 lying around, I MIGHT be tempted to pick up a set of Robar's NP3'd internals, just to see what the fuss is about...

User Tag List