Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowhunters, share some detail.

Bowtech Tribute 60#, 28.5 in Carbon Express Heritage 250s, G5 strikers. I prefer heavier arrows; helps quiet the bow. +1 on going to 3d shoots, you'll get plenty of tips that will help with shooting and set up.

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Here in Africa, most hunting is done from a hide, and some walk and stalk. Very little done from tree stands.
    Takes much more practice then a rifle for sure. Here though people are slowly changing their mindset towards mechanicals, initially people thought they were no good for African plains game, only fine for white tail Deer. But with improvements in design, I see no reason not to shoot the correct mechanical with the correct setup. They are a lot more forgiving to bad form and flight in the wind. Oh, and if shot placement is correct , they leave decent blood trails.
    Perhaps i spoke too soon, spent saturday chatting to my PH friend with regards to mechanical vs fixed on plains game(excluding dangerous game), he guides around 170 animals a year at a respected bow hunt farm and he says both work well, shoot on target and you see them drop, BUT, he has to deal with more injured animals and recovery from mechanicals. He doesnt find game to drop any quicker when using mechanicals, he finds that is a by product of shot placement and said the same regarding blood trails. He also said if bone may be encountered generally the fixed broadheads do better. Everything from duiker to girraffe get hunted at the farm.He prefers German Kinetics in his personal bow, but has high regard for Slicktricks, he is sitting on around 800 slick tricked animals from clients bows.

Thanks for all the help guys. Appreciate the wisdom and guidance.

It payed off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

User Tag List