Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight 88061 duel fuel

Site Supporter

Streamlight 88061 duel fuel

Has anyone tried one of these yet? The ability to use either a Cr123 or a single AA sounds useful for an around the house light.

Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA Dual Fuel Ultra-Compact Flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G75P1SC..._pmYSxbVP5SMNA

Kyle Defoor raved about his in a recent class, and then beat a concrete floor with it. It is a damn good size, too.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I have a buddy who just got one of those. Doesn't have a lot of time on it yet but he likes it. I used to use the non-dual version and liked it.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    I've been carrying one for a few weeks now and like it. Great size, clip works well in face down carry and I have it programmed with the low/high option. Currently using a CR123 battery with it. I haven't beat on it though.
    Adam

I am on my second CR123 version. Only bought the new one because one is none and I figured I was due to lose something soon. Still have both flashlights, however I did manage to lose my $200 HEST folder

Great little light, one has been in my pocket everyday for the past three or so years.

Yeah, I'd rather have two different lights that's optimized for each cell. And I don't ever remember having an "oh shit" moment where a CR123 wasn't available.

The best overall battery for the 1L-1AA is a lithium AA (150 lumens @ 4.25hr run time) and those are even more expensive than CR123s (in bulk).

Site Supporter
    I can see this as a good light for traveling, particularly outside the US. I like the performance lithium cells offer, but the ability to use any reasonable AA that can be found is advantageous.

I've had one since they were first available. Excellent little light.

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these yet? The ability to use either a Cr123 or a single AA sounds useful for an around the house light.

Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA Dual Fuel Ultra-Compact Flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G75P1SC..._pmYSxbVP5SMNA
    Dude, you're killing me! I had no idea this was available, and while I've been happy with ProTac 1L, I'd love to get 350 lumens out of such a small light, and now I want one.

Ordered. Will advise on how well it works after running it in a few classes.

User Tag List