Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 45 magazines

M&P 45 magazines

Hit the range yesterday to qualify with the duty weapon. Last string I noticed that one of my mags didn't lock the slide back. Came home and wiped the weapon down. I decided to run/rack the slide back a few times with the same mag. This happened...

Am I the only one going WTF? Brand new weapon with less than 150 rounds through it. I then took down all the mags and found that was the only one with the spring bending like that. Anyone else having these issues w/ M&P 45 mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Call S&W. They had a problem with a bad batch of springs on these magazines and should replace them. If you do a search on mp-pistol.com you'll see some posts about this.

ETA: I would disassemble and inspect all of your magazines while your at it. Some users reported that they found bad springs in magazines that were still functioning at the time they were inspected.
    Thanks for this. I, too, have a functional mag with odd spring kink.

I've had my gun just over 16 months and just started having this issue 1 round out of every 100. I have noticed that the first couple of rounds loaded didn't seem quite right. Need to check this out.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

On-going problem. I have had a few failures too. However, this is a post from Kenny @ Speed Shooters Specialities on the Brian Enos's Forums:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:26 PM
    "I called my contact at S&W and was told that there is no change in the 45 magazine springs regardless of color. I didn't dig that answer so, in the M&P Armorers class today I asked the same question. Answer....there is no change in the specs or dimensions on the 45 mag springs, the different colors are just identifiers for the factory people to tell them which vendor the spring came from. The ones we sent out most recently were Purple, the ones we just received are Green."

I just keep calling and asking for new ones and S&W keeps sending them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    On-going problem. I have had a few failures too. However, this is a post from Kenny @ Speed Shooters Specialities on the Brian Enos's Forums:

The ones we sent out most recently were Purple, the ones we just received are Green."

My weapon was "born" 8/2011...as you see it has green paint on it. The pistol shot great but the magazine issue really pisses me off because it's new. I've contacted my S&W LEO area rep via email...waiting on a reply.

I bought an M&P .45f early last year, and of the 3 magazines I had, all exhibited this problem, even after numerous replacements.

I sold the gun after receiving three replacements, without trying them.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Do you call any sort of special warranty number, or just their parts and accessory retail number?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Do you call any sort of special warranty number, or just their parts and accessory retail number?
    I just call the parts & accessory number and hope for the best. I have has several replaced and they ship them without any paperwork. Kenny @ SSS sells them for $5 plus postage, so it is worth the hassle of calling S&W. I have tried to get more than one at a time, but they have been reluctant to do that for me.

1-800-331-0852
    Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

Just got an email back from my S&W rep. Im getting a bunch of replacement mags from S&W.

Outstanding customer service!!!

I have about 500 rounds through mine and have had two instances of a failure to lock back on an empty mag. I have now numbered all of my mags so that I can track them.

User Tag List