Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gadsden Flag is racist

The Gadsden Flag is racist

Words cannot adequately express my dismay at this ignorant drivel...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...al-harassment/
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

WTF?

I have no memes eloquent enough to express my feelings at learning of this special snowflake.

Or the fucking government bureaucrats who are enabling him.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    That's funny, it's an authorized uniform item for the navy working uniform.

And popular “Don’t Tread on Me” and reverse U.S. flag patches are now authorized, at the discretion of the commander, on NWU Type II and III uniforms, officials said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/08/...e-uniform.html

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That's funny, it's an authorized uniform item for the navy working uniform.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/08/...e-uniform.html
    And isn't a variation of it flown on the ship which is currently the oldest in service? I believe the flag being the First Navy Jack.

Guess they'll have to ditch it. And don't think the idea isn't about to be floated around.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 08-05-2016 at 03:23 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Words cannot adequately express my dismay at this ignorant drivel...
    Whenever this type of nonsense comes up, I tell the social justice warriors that I'm not listening since their race cards have officially expired and no one has to pay attention to them anymore. Generally speaking they have no answer to that statement and just stand, looking amazed, with their jaws hanging open.

All flags of all states and all groups are racist (bigoted, really) by design. They are symbols that devide "us" from "them." See the Robber's Cave experiment for some entertaining consequences.

Screw it, I'm flying the Betsy Ross flag from now on, to make a point.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I like the Culpepper flag: "Liberty or Death" and "Don't Tread on Me", plus the coiled rattlesnake. There's something for every history-ignorant bastard on it's field.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I like the Culpepper flag: "Liberty or Death" and "Don't Tread on Me", plus the coiled rattlesnake. There's something for every history-ignorant bastard on it's field.
    *Culpeper

I grew up in Culpeper, VA....can't help but want to see it spelled correctly even if the way you spelled it makes more sense.

Lots of history in that area. My Dad had such sharp eyes that he'd stop the cultivator in the middle of the field to get off and pick up an arrowhead. His collection numbers over 100 while I only found around 10. On one of the days I (unsuccessfully) took my metal detector to try to find some Civil War bullets, he found a Minie Ball laying in another field, making the 3rd Civil War bullet he's found by eye. He used to put on his serious face and tell outsiders the hills were red because of all the Yankee blood that'd been spilled on them.

The farm has been in my family since 1774, one year before the Minutemen were founded.

Site Supporter

The Gadsden Flag is racist

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Screw it, I'm flying the Betsy Ross flag from now on, to make a point.
    Funny that you say this. I have been flying a "Betsy Ross" flag at home for some time now, because 1) I love our country; 2) I think historical US flags are particularly cool; and 3) it's "revolutionary," but much more subtle than a Gadsden flag. I think the Gadsden flag is cool too, but when I see someone with a Gadsden flag, I automatically assume he has weapons somewhere. I'd rather not advertise such a thing publicly to random passers-by.
    Last edited by nalesq; 08-05-2016 at 10:13 PM.

User Tag List