Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High speed Gunfighter...1960

High speed Gunfighter...1960

If you were a plainclothes detective in 1960 and a hard core gun guy, this is what your carry set up would look like. A rare 3" Round butt Colt police positive .38 special (3" Detective specials are rare, this is the same gun but with the much rarer Police Positive Special marking). This is a factory version that was Chic Gaylord's favorite set up that he called a Metropolitan Special. It is in a Chic Gaylord Double Action concealment holster and Ammo pouch and is fitted with Fuzzy Farrant combat grips. I also have the heavily worn original grips and T-Grip adaptor. Enjoy....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 08-02-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Very cool and unique Colt, Darryl. I love those Farrants and wish we could get him and John Hurst back for a few weeks to have them make us grips for our revolver stashes!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I googled those grips and saw some way cool pictures of them in use in "Adam 12." I love 'em! Is anyone still making anything like them?
    Last edited by 11B10; 08-02-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    What would be the advantage of that over a 3" Model 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I googled those grips and saw some way cool pictures of them in use in "Adam 12." I love 'em! Is anyone still making anything like them?
    Herrett's Detective stocks are "Kinda" close.

They are still made to order, in Twin Falls, Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What would be the advantage of that over a 3" Model 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The model 10 is a bit heavier and the Colt is a lot heavier on the nostalgia and cool factor.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 08-02-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Very Cool!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

DB,

I seriously hope you give consideration to a book about the history of modern gunfighters. Almost a coffee-table book heavy on pics but with a history behind each one. I'm thinking of all those big names from the 80's LAPD, others many haven't heard of, and some cool trivia thrown in. In the era of self publishing, your industry contacts, etc., I think it could be very popular.

Also I wouldn't pass on a gunfighters HITS manual, either.

EM

I edited to add that I have been off the 'net the last few days and posted this before I even read the DB man-love thread regarding the SIS revolvers....
    Last edited by EM_; 08-02-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Slow down there...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List