Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another officer shot in Indy

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Allow me to comment. "Claimed a wanted felon" and "insisted a handgun was located next to the suspect" insinuate that neither of those things might be true. Yellow journalism is alive and well.

Glad your officers are OK.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    When a spokesperson for "Concerned Clergy" seems OK with the shooting and the newspaper implies police are lying, there seems to be some evidence of prejudice by the newspaper.

I increasingly believe that FOP's and other labor organizations need to release statements about police incidents that attract media attention. A union can accuse a media outlet of inaccuracy or prejudice when an agency would not.

That’s a righteous shoot. Just out of curiosity how much higher were the shootings last year? I’ll tell them why for free. More people tried to murder cops last year.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    That’s a righteous shoot. Just out of curiosity how much higher were the shootings last year? I’ll tell them why for free. More people tried to murder cops last year.
    A lot. Well over double the historic norms.

Same is true on the civilian justified shoot side, though. Huge spike. And at a rate of about 4:1 compared to police shootings (citizens have historically been about 2:1 vs police shootings, give or take, so both total numbers and proportion have increased)

2024 is starting out the same. Roughly half the homicides this year are justified or expected to be ruled justified, though that's likely not going to be sustained long term.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    When a spokesperson for "Concerned Clergy" seems OK with the shooting and the newspaper implies police are lying, there seems to be some evidence of prejudice by the newspaper.

I increasingly believe that FOP's and other labor organizations need to release statements about police incidents that attract media attention. A union can accuse a media outlet of inaccuracy or prejudice when an agency would not.
    Columbus, Ohio PD's FOP Lodge has a spokesman who does just that. He has ZERO qualms about calling out politicians, "community organizers" or media outlets when they cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Correll View Post
    Columbus, Ohio PD's FOP Lodge has a spokesman who does just that. He has ZERO qualms about calling out politicians, "community organizers" or media outlets when they cross the line.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Exactly what we need and what many executives won't do. Back in my salad days, I spent many months suspended while being beaten up by the media because the FOP attorney and our worthless FOP president decided saying nothing was the thing to do. My next attorney (now a circuit court chief judge) became rather frosted by my treatment, especially after I was cleared by an administrative hearing board. He gave the media the communications center tape of the call in which my partner screamed desperately for hekp and for an ambulance,

Such great angst by the NAACP which was leading the charge to lynch me. The city, of course, gave the defendants an nice settlement. Many years later I encountered my alleged "victim" on a call, listened again to her angst until her mom (who was an actual crime victim) shut her up. No surprise that with all that free money the city gave her, she was still in city-supplied housing.

User Tag List