live fire, 2 hours / 539 rounds
- Goals: evaluate new front sight; DotW 6; DotTor at 10yd; work on press-outs and bursts with LW3.5 connector.
- Installed new (orange) front sight.
- Dot Torture at 10yd: 48. Missed one shot on each dots 6 & 7. Purely a matter of patience and discipline.
- Two good FASTs (4.33 and 4.16) with a disastrous 5.43 -1H in the middle.
- 92 on the 99 Drill (-1, -2, -2, -2) ... need to slow down for the reload string, I have tons of time and throw shots for no good reason.
- Worked primarily on press-outs and marksmanship.
- DotW 6
dry fire, 13 minutes
PTC dry fire routine, Week 1 Monday "basic routine"
- Decided to make a serious commitment to work my dry fire routine. Created a dedicated 1/3 scale (seven foot) dry fire target with 3x5 card, 2" circles, and 8" circle.
- Wall Drill visually taxing due to convergence insufficiency. Modified the routine to shoot at simulated 2" circle from 7' instead.
- 2H and SHO were fine; WHO had minor movement at/after the break.