Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry California, Governor Brown screwed us...

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar

Sorry California, Governor Brown screwed us...

Really pissed right now, I may not reply to this thread for awhile...

https://www.gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=19479

SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
    • SB 1446 by Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley) – Firearms: magazine capacity.
    • SB 880 by Senator Isadore Hall III (D-Compton) – Firearms: assault weapons. A signing message can be found here.
    • AB 1135 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-Marin County) – Firearms: assault weapons.
    • AB 1511 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Firearms: lending. A signing message can be found here.
    • AB 1695 by Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda) – Firearms: false reports of stolen firearms.
    • SB 1235 by Senator Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles) – Ammunition.

Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
    • AB 1176 by Assemblymember Jim Cooper (D-Elk Grove) – Theft: firearms. A veto message can be found here.
    • AB 1673 by Assemblymember Mike A. Gipson (D-Carson) – Firearms: unfinished frame or receiver. A veto message can be found here.
    • AB 1674 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Firearms: transfers. A veto message can be found here.
    • AB 2607 by Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco) – Firearm restraining orders. A veto message can be found here.
    • SB 894 by Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara) – Firearms: lost or stolen: reports. A veto message can be found here.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 07-01-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Truly sorry for you, but I cannot conceive how someone could not anticipate this in occupied territory, much less remain there (even with family, employment, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Truly sorry for you, but I cannot conceive how someone could not anticipate this in occupied territory, much less remain there (even with family, employment, etc).
    My sentiments exactly. They've been outspoken about their beliefs for a long time. I can't fathom how people get surprised by California being liberal.

Bullet button loophole? Are they serious? A bullet button is designed for "maximum destruction of human life"?

Yet another reason to never got to California and never spend a dime there.

--------------------
    SB 880

Studies show that states with the toughest gun laws have the lowest rates of gun-related deaths. While California has led the nation in prohibiting the ownership of military-style assault weapons with detachable ammunition magazines, gun manufacturers are exploiting the “bullet button loophole” to create “California compliant” assault weapons.

For years, gun owners have been able to circumvent California’s assault weapon laws by using a small tool to quickly eject and reload ammunition magazines. Bullet button-equipped weapons are functionally the same as illegal assault weapons, but are not included in the prohibition because a tool is required to release the ammunition magazine, and it cannot technically be released by hand.

These types of modifications have no legitimate use for sport hunters or competitive shooters. Bullet button-equipped weapons are designed only to facilitate the maximum destruction of human life. Such weapons have been used in a number of recent gun attacks including the recent terrorist attack in Orlando that killed 49, and in San Bernardino that left 14 Californians dead and 21 injured.

SB 880 (Hall/Glazer) closes the bullet button loophole by redefining assault weapons to include military-style semi-automatic firearms that do not have a fixed ammunition magazine, requiring such weapons to be registered with the Department of Justice (DOJ), and prohibiting the future sale, purchase or possession of such weapons in California.

This bill clarifies the definition of assault weapons and provides the DOJ the authority to bring existing regulations into conformity with the original intent of California’s Assault Weapon Ban. Absent this bill, the assault weapon ban is severely weakened, and these types of military-style firearms will continue to proliferate on our streets and in our neighborhoods.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Sorry to hear that bro...

Maybe it's time to pack up and move to a free state that actually gives a shit about people and let liberty?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Sorry to hear that bro...

Maybe it's time to pack up and move to a free state that actually gives a shit about people and let liberty?
    I am afraid the real problem is this shit is spreading all over the country like cancer. Pretty soon there is not gonna be any state to escape to.

California needs to burn, very very badly.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am afraid the real problem is this shit is spreading all over the country like cancer. Pretty soon there is not gonna be any state to escape to.
    The only gun legislation that's passed in this state over the eight years I've lived here has all been pro-gun. We're running out of gun laws to repeal.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Anyone want to summarize what these laws mean for someone who occasionally visits the state in question?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Anyone want to summarize what these laws mean for someone who occasionally visits the state in question?
    Don't go.

If you go, don't take anything that looks scary or can hold lots of ammunition.

User Tag List