Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Marshals hiring announcement opens 06/06/16

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Only for federal employees and or vets.

I don't qual for this unfortunately.

Gata wait until open announcement.

If anyone sees one come up please post...or PM me...
    Just as a reminder, ATF is still Schedule B for a short while longer. Call your local recruiter if it is of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    A couple years back 2 of my SWAT guys took jobs with the USMS. They love it. Started in AL and TX. Now they're in Cinci and somewhere in KY. They're squared away dudes. Around here, the Dayton and Cinci Offices (especially Dayton) are pretty damn helpful. Granted most of em are TFO's but even the Deputy Marshals are squared away. I have yet to meet one of the Deputy Marshals from the local offices that I thought was a dumbass or a prick.
    Agreed. They always step up, share info and work with you as needed. We've worked with them on bringing in bikers and it was an awesome time. One if my dream jobs.

The Vet announcements do me no good either. If anyone has any info on this please enlighten me. I'm in a catch 22 because I'm still in and intend to continue serving if/when I get hired on by a Fed agency. (I'm limited to agencies that will let you serve in a reserve capacity while simultaneously working for them) From what I understand you can only qualify for the vet openings if you are actually discharged and have your DD 214 in hand?
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    Just as a reminder, ATF is still Schedule B for a short while longer. Call your local recruiter if it is of interest.
    ATF....

Do I want to apply to an organization that's really hated? Hmmm

Might be a good foot in the door...maybe...
    Last edited by Gray222; 06-08-2016 at 04:11 PM.

ATF....

CBP is a foot in the door, not ATF. You don't want that one for sure. Regardless, our elected 'leaders' create the laws, not the agency enforcing them. Back to USMS...

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    CBP is a foot in the door, not ATF. You don't want that one for sure. Regardless, our elected 'leaders' create the laws, not the agency enforcing them. Back to USMS...
    Never cbp...

For all of the high-profile this-and-that of the BATFE, they do quite a bit of more traditional work. It can be a very busy and challenging place to work, for those that seek and desire such; I wouldn't take it wholly off of the table for those so eligible, simply because of the media coverage.

Site Supporter
    ATF....

Don't confuse the tech branch and inspections (FFL Inspections) with what the Criminal Investigator / Special Agents do. They do some great work with biker gangs, narcotics and assisting with other violent crime investigations involving firearms and explosives. I've worked with them on many 922g cases. On a field agent level they are great to work with.

One downside is like DEA, they will likely place you where they need you for your first duty station and it will take you 3 to 5 years to transfer somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by BES View Post
    The Vet announcements do me no good either. If anyone has any info on this please enlighten me. I'm in a catch 22 because I'm still in and intend to continue serving if/when I get hired on by a Fed agency. (I'm limited to agencies that will let you serve in a reserve capacity while simultaneously working for them) From what I understand you can only qualify for the vet openings if you are actually discharged and have your DD 214 in hand?
    I would swear we had a local USMS guy in Idaho who was also a company commander in the local Army Reserve unit, but this was about 12 years ago when I knew him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BES View Post
    You need to research this / VRA. I seem to recall USMS and USBP, among others recruiting guys on active duty who were close to getting out.

AFAIK the only Fed LE agency which would prohibit you from serving in the Guard or Reserve is the U.S. Secret Service.

User Tag List