Thread: The Rifle They Should Make...

The Rifle They Should Make...

So, I recently put a Colt lightweight upper on an A2 lower & I'm absolutely in love with the configuration!
    It's not so much that the gun is lighter, it's where the weight is...heavier in the back & light up front. I still need to figure out rail, optic, light, & trigger, but I think this is gonna be my new configuration for a while.
    Last edited by WDW; 05-27-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    So, I recently put a Colt lightweight upper on an A2 lower & I'm absolutely in love with the configuration!
    It's not so much that the gun is lighter, it's where the weight is...heavier in the back & light up front. I still need to figure out rail, optic, light, & trigger, but I think this is gonna be my new configuration for a while.
    pictures man! pictures!

Reviewer of the Tools
    That's a simple and awesome set up!

I think the Sully Stock from Deffensive Edge would give you similar results if you decided you wanted to run a carbine buffer and spring. I have taken classes with Sully and he is a phenomenal wealth of information and his stock design is bombproof. The weight of it would give you similar balance as well.

Take this for what it's worth as I'm certainly not any kind of authority on carbines.

I set up a DD light weight upper(pencil thin barrel) with a MagPul UBR stock thinking the same thing, weight to the rear and solid. After shooting it for a while I switch over to a CTR stock and the weight difference was extremely noticeable and the different balance did not seem to effect my performance(slack that it is)at all.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 05-30-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

User Tag List