View Poll Results: How much do you pay yearly for range fees?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I pay a daily fee

6 11.76%
  • Nothing - I own, work at, or use free public ranges

3 5.88%
  • $1-100

13 25.49%
  • $101-200

15 29.41%
  • $201-300

6 11.76%
  • $301-400

5 9.80%
  • $401-500

2 3.92%
  • $501-1,000

3 5.88%
  • More than $1,000 a year

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range fees - How much do you pay?

Range fees - How much do you pay?

So on Facebook a local gunshop started advertising that they were opening up a range, and advertising memberships. It was the normal basic outdoor range setup, pistol range, 100 yard range range, and a tactical bay that is open sometimes. The catch was the membership was $1,000 a year, which I thought was outrageous for the facilities.

So it get me thinking what do other people pay to go to the range? If you pay monthly just add your yearly total. I am also going to set it up for multiple choice for people that are members of multiple ranges.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Outdoor state range: very restricted rules. (Can't fire anything more than very slow fire): $25/year

Indoor Range, Rifle and Pistol: Free tuesdays, discounted fee rest of year, 5-10% discount in store: $125/year

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    So on Facebook a local gunshop started advertising that they were opening up a range, and advertising memberships. It was the normal basic outdoor range setup, pistol range, 100 yard range range, and a tactical bay that is open sometimes. The catch was the membership was $1,000 a year, which I thought was outrageous for the facilities.

So it get me thinking what do other people pay to go to the range? If you pay monthly just add your yearly total. I am also going to set it up for multiple choice for people that are members of multiple ranges.
    Indoor very much like the nra range, a/c heated $48.95 a month I believe.

Outdoor I believe it was $350 a year with targets out to 300yd steel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

$150 a year after the first year which was $450 total, $150 for the first year and the $300 initiation fee.Trap and skeet on one side, the "shot" side. As I recall there are 6 trap ranges and 3 skeet ranges. The "bullet" side has three pistol pits, a 50 yard utility pit for rifle and pistol, a 22 pistol pit and 22 rifle range. Also has a rifle range with target boards at 100 and 200 yards.

The club holds IDPA-ish matches once a month with two of those being BUG matches. Matches are an extra $10 for members, $15 for guests. They also hold monthly rim fire and high power matches. To me it is definitely worth the money even with a 50 minute commute each way.

Site Supporter
    I'm currently paying the hourly rate, but indoor range memberships in my area start at around $250/yr on up to around $500/yr depending on membership level. I've gone that way in the past and probably will again at some point.

My wife and I pay $56.50/month for the nicest indoor range in the area.

I pay $120 a year to use an outdoor facility with a 200-yard rifle range, a 50-yard pistol range, 15 action bays, and a trap & skeet field. I know the Rangemaster and I'm a Range Safety Officer so I get to bend the rules a little when nobody else is around, but I still can't draw from the holster on the pistol range most of the time, and I can't use the action bays alone. This one is about 30 minutes from my house, and I do most of my longer-range work with both handguns and long guns here.

I also pay $450/year to use an indoor facility with a 17-yard range. I can draw from the holster without any meaningful restrictions, and for two hours a month, I have access to a private bay where I can turn the lights off and do all manner of run, dodge, and jump stuff. Still limited to 17 yards by the building's design. This one is also within 30 minutes from my house. I use it to focus on low-light/defensive/speed work with handguns.

Between these two ranges, I shoot 3-5 days a week when I'm not traveling for work. They're enough for probably 85-90% of what I need to do. For the rest, I pay $175 a year to use an outdoor facility with a 600-yard rifle range, 20 action bays, a 50-yard pistol range, a pistol plinking range, and a trap & skeet field. Unfortunately, this one is three hours away, so I have to plan my trips there in pretty painstaking detail.

Aside from annual fees, that's it--none of them charges a per-visit fee.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The outdoor ranges near me are 25, 75, and 100 a year. Each has at least 6 action pistol bays where you can do more or less whatever you want, each includes steel such as plate racks on at least several of the bays, and each has rifle ranges that go out to ~300, ~600, and ~1000 respectively. Each is within more or less 45 minutes of downtown Boise. I like it up here.
    TY83544

None trying to get into a club that is $300 a year and is NICE. 50-720 yard rifle, like 10 action bays, shotgun field, old west shoot out town, and much more.
    i used to wannabe

http://alpharange.com is $1000.00 for a membership ... Key in, key out. Calendar reservation system. Do what you want. Don't get hurt. Shoot the walls (up armored) Don't shoot the steel with a rifle.

This is pretty much the best it gets indoors & Chicago. (Winter sux)
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 04-14-2016 at 03:40 PM.

User Tag List