Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Pens -- What do you like, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Condition Write View Post
    Almost a hundred posts and no fountain pen enthusiasts? Jeez. I figured at least one correspondent would have a recommendation for a BBQ tactical pen.

I jest, mostly, but I also admit to a bit of disappointment that the engineering of fountain pens seems to be mutually exclusive with that of tactical pens. I discovered them mid-last-year and have been amazed at how much more enjoyable the writing experience is compared to my 701s and whatever cut-rate crap ballpoints were in the supply closet at work.
    Yeah, I thought about that but people were serious and I didn't want to harsh the vibe.

Here's mine - Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with Soft Fine Medium nib. The advantage of a fountain pen over a ballpoint is it takes much less pressure to leave an ink line on paper. Presumably, it would be a good tac pen, one time.
    Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  3.5 KB
    Photo credit - penpen-avenue on eBay
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 01-08-2019 at 10:46 PM.

I can't believe I'm finding a thread on pens so interesting. Nor can I believe I just subscribed...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I can't believe I'm finding a thread on pens so interesting. Nor can I believe I just subscribed...
    Nor can you believe how excited you will be waiting on your Zebra F701 to show up from Amazon. Welcome

I just picked this up for $100. I would never pay $350 for it but it is a really substantial pen.

https://www.benchmade.com/1100-14-damasteel.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    I just picked this up for $100. I would never pay $350 for it but it is a really substantial pen.

That's awesome, but, like I mentioned in Post #1 in this thread, I'm a cheapskate. I don't even like paying $30 for a pen. I lose them. And did I mention I broke a tactical pen?
    If the all-steel F701s had been available when I started the thread, I wouldn't have.
    Started the thread, I mean.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Looking through The Gallery sub-forum, I noticed a distinct lack of pen/fountain pen picture threads. Any of you collectors/hoarders/gurus feel like rectifying that situation?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I own a pair of uzi's. I never use them due to their heft. +another for jotters.

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post

Now that is a barbecue pen.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Site Supporter
    After 2 days, I like the feel of this steel Zebra in my hand, but don't like the ballpoint. I'm definitely a gel guy, unless I'm writing on carbon paper or some surface prone to smudges. I'll report back if I find a gel hack that I like.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    After 2 days, I like the feel of this steel Zebra in my hand, but don't like the ballpoint. I'm definitely a gel guy, unless I'm writing on carbon paper or some surface prone to smudges. I'll report back if I find a gel hack that I like.
    Please do I am probably going to buy a Parker Jotter with the quinkflow later today. If I don’t like it I will try an easy flow refill. I love the F701 and the F301. If i could find better refills I would look no further for a pen.

User Tag List