Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo CS sucks

Ameriglo CS sucks

I am very sorry to post this, but........

Over a month ago, I ordered five sets of T Cap sights over the phone from Ameriglo. They were supposed to ship in 1-2 days. When they didn't show, I called and was told they would be a few more days. No show, called and spoke to Rick, who apologized, offered some discount, and said another week. Weeks passed, and I called last Friday. Guy said I am "going in back," and will call in ten minutes. Of course, no call. I called again yesterday, received promises and they would be emailing my shipping details yesterday. Of course, no email.

Just called now, and was told they were hoping to be complete in three weeks.

Everyone I have spoken to there has been incredibly nice, but completely incompetent.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM, unless you're getting some sort of hookup through Ameriglo, I've found Optics Planet to be a pretty good price. Sponsored shooter Jesse Tischauser has a bunch of 10% off coupons if you PM him on Facebook.

Surprised by this...

I hate to see that. In the past I always found them squared away. Not sure what's going on there.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Really was hoping this wasn't the case, but after half a dozen frustrating phone attempts to make this right, I felt like I ought to let others know.

Maybe the answer is to buy from their dealers and not from them direct?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I've also had repeated problems the last few months. I phoned in an order for TCAP sights a week before SHOT, was told they were in stock. Nothing shows up, but my CC wasn't billed, so no panic...email them a few weeks later to see if they'd been backordered, no response. Second email gets a response, that the order was lost. I call back and re-do the order. Wrong sights show up (yellow TCAP instead of orange...invoice had the part number for orange, but wrong parts packed.). Multiple emails later, still no response. I'd think an email subject like "Problem with Order # xxxx" would get a vendor's attention, but apparently that's not the case here.

I like their products, and they're always friendly, but something is clearly not right.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    GJM, unless you're getting some sort of hookup through Ameriglo, I've found Optics Planet to be a pretty good price. Sponsored shooter Jesse Tischauser has a bunch of 10% off coupons if you PM him on Facebook.
    I've had good experiences with ameriglo.

Optics Planet sent me the wrong front sight two times for an M&P I had. I told ameriglo optics planet kept goofing and they told me to send them the wrong sight and they sent me the new one no questions asked.

Another time the front sight screws broke inside the sight and they sent me a new sight with a few screws no questions asked.

I've had issue with them and returned to trijicon. I tried the defoor sights. When I tried to install the front the threads were not straight. I called and spoke to someone and they offered to send me a screw. I told them I had used several known good screws but they insisted. They sent the screw it didn't work and they said sorry

I usually use Optics Planet for my ameriglo neews fwiw

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    FWIW, I've also had repeated problems the last few months....blah...blah...blah.
    I like their products, and they're always friendly, but something is clearly not right.
    I should add that I've had lots of good experiences with Ameriglo in the past. I have about a dozen pistols with their sights, and have installed a few on friends' guns, all but one or two sets purchased direct.

Once 4-5 years ago, I placed a web order where I'd accidentally selected the wrong height front sight compared to the rear I was buying. Ameriglo called me a few minutes later to check if that was really what I wanted. So, I'm willing to cut them some slack, but I'd like to see them get their internal issues sorted out.

User Tag List