Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI solicitation progress?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Is the P320 REALLY better for that than a modified 9mm G17? Somehow, I just cannot see it.

About the only form of "Globalism" that I embrace.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Right; but the FBI probably doesn't care a bit about globalism. As much as they seem like "special people", the bottom line is they have plenty of highly qualified folks to thoroughly test these candidate guns and decide on what the best is for them.

Unless, of course, The Director or someone close to him would rather have a new critter...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Right; but the FBI probably doesn't care a bit about globalism. As much as they seem like "special people", the bottom line is they have plenty of highly qualified folks to thoroughly test these candidate guns and decide on what the best is for them.

Unless, of course, The Director or someone close to him would rather have a new critter...

Forgive my tendency to respond in quips.

Your point about the holsters and associated gear is awesome. There's also years of familiarity with shooting Glocks, training people to shoot Glocks and maintaining Glocks. Glocks are the guns to beat in most civilian competition venues and have apparently served well for higher skilled military units. The choice would appear fairly clear unless, as you intimate, someone in authority decides they need the new boutique pistol as what's best for them.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Some more fuel for the fire...

A buddy of mine posted this to the FB page of his holster business last week. An order of OWB holsters for G17s with XC1s... for the FBI.

One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2alpha-down0 View Post

A buddy of mine posted this to the FB page of his holster business last week. An order of OWB holsters for G17s with XC1s... for the FBI.

If this is true, hard to go wrong with a G17...
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter

Given the current FBI issue gun is the G22 and the FBI SWAT Agents are issued G17 Gen 4's I wouldn't exactly consider this definitive. Even if something other than the Glock is selected, the current Glock 17/22's wont disappear overnight. They will still be around for several years. Like military units, many fed agencies have discretionary funds / purchase cards at the local office level and buy all sorts of stuff.

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    If this is true, hard to go wrong with a G17M...
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Given the current FBI issue gun is the G22 and the FBI SWAT Agents are issued G17 Gen 4's I wouldn't exactly consider this definitive. Even if something other than the Glock is selected, the current Glock 17/22's wont disappear overnight. They will still be around for several years. Like military units, many fed agencies have discretionary funds / purchase cards at the local office level and buy all sorts of stuff.
    You're of course right that it's not definitive, and they could be used with both old and new guns. However, I just asked and he confirmed that they were to be used with 17s.
    One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

Site Supporter
    You're of course right that it's not definitive, and they could be used with both old and new guns. However, I just asked and he confirmed that they were to be used with 17s.
    FBI SWAT were recently issued Green frame Gen 4 17's in lieu of their prior mix of 1911's and Glock 22's.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    FIFY
    This is why I love this forum! G17M? I'm not familiar with that designation. Does it denote the lack of finger grooves they asked for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List