Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Less painful Glock trigger

Just purchased a gen 4 32 same as 19 just in 357 Sig and I swapped out the trigger bar for a 3rd gen 17 with smooth face and really like it. The original trigger pull was just over 7 pounds stock and the new trigger bar dropped it by a full pound as a side benefit.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

The G17 trigger bit me on occasionally -- I believe it was the mold mark on the trigger safety and the protrusion of the safety itself that would do it.

The APEX unit eliminates both problems completely, and has the added benefit of allowing for a more consistent placement for me.

I've replaced both of my G19 triggers and now my G26 trigger with the smooth G17 triggers. They work for me.

Which of these would you rather use for hours of fast and accurate shooting?

Gringop

Name:  trigger-job-properly-finished.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  18.7 KB
    Last edited by gringop; 03-01-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    It's not uncommon for the little safety lever on the trigger to have a rough or sharp-ish mold mark on it, easily taken care of by a bit of sandpaper or a real sharp knife
    This. Also, there is sometimes a ridge on the inside of the trigger guard and I smooth it with a flat file.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    This. Also, there is sometimes a ridge on the inside of the trigger guard and I smooth it with a flat file.
    Fortunately this unit does not have that problem, but I have had units in the past that did. It kinda sucked.

Part of my problem lies in the fact that I have medium'ish sized palms with relatively short fingers. I can reach the trigger, but my finger placement naturally rests somewhere between behind the cuticle of my index finger nail and directly behind the index fingernail itself. I could pull a Pat McNamara and sink more finger on the trigger, but in order to do that I would have to twist my hand in such a way that I would be exacerbating my Glock knuckle while simultaneously bracing part of the back of the frame with my base thumb knuckle. Its one of those "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenarios. I'll see if I can touch the safety lever with some sandpaper to smooth it out some (thanks, Chuck). If it's still relatively irritating I'll probably try a G17 trigger bar and shoe.

It's not horrible to the point where every single trigger pull is excruciating, but after about 100 to 200 rounds (live or dry) it starts to get annoying as I'm basically pressing a not so meaty part of my finger right onto a rough and pointy edge. If I keep at it, I'll probably be fine, but if I keep going to the point that it doesn't bother me anymore, I'm going to have one HELL of a callous.

Hopefully this is OK to post, but If you want to try an SSVI Trigger for a standard frame glock, I have an extra one that Id let go for $100 shipped.

It has a smooth, wide flat face and reduces perceived pull weight due to the leverage point.

Last edited by jon volk; 03-01-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Hopefully this is OK to post, but If you want to try an SSVI Trigger for a standard frame glock, I have an extra one that Id let go for $100 shipped.

It has a smooth, wide flat face and reduces perceived pull weight due to the leverage point.

I have been tempted by going with something like that, but I can't justify the expenditure at the moment. Maybe after I get married and am back from the honeymoon later this year.

IMO, the last thing a glock or any other defensive/serious use pistol needs is an aftermarket trigger. The 19 trigger shoe is terrible, and I have way more pushing and pulling issues with it vs the smooth faced 17 shoe.

SM, I should have a spare 17 smooth face trigger assembly laying around somewhere and you're welcome to have it. Consider it a wedding present from PF.

Fair enough, please delete if you need to.

When I swap out my triggers, I usually opt for the smooth face 17 model.

User Tag List