Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advantage arms conversion for a glock 30

advantage arms conversion for a glock 30

I'm looking at having Santa bring me an advantage arms conversion kit for my glock 30. Does anyone have any experience with the conversion kits? Does anyone know why advantage arms puts a disclaimer on their site about limited functionality with the ghost triggers? I have a ghost rocket 3.5 with over travel stop installed on my glock. Are their any other options available to me?
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by mscott327 View Post
    I'm looking at having Santa bring me an advantage arms conversion kit for my glock 30. Does anyone have any experience with the conversion kits? Does anyone know why advantage arms puts a disclaimer on their site about limited functionality with the ghost triggers? I have a ghost rocket 3.5 with over travel stop installed on my glock. Are their any other options available to me?
    I have a kit for my 19 & 26. Absolutely love it.

The 19 has a few hundred round through it, the 26's kit has...well, I don't know...but call it lots.

I've put about 1000 rounds through my 19 kit. It malfunctions here and there but it works great for the specified purpose. Fwiw I have a OEM 3.5 connector and a ny1 spring in my Glock and it works fine.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Gen3 or Gen4 Advantage Arms Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I have a kit for my 19 & 26. Absolutely love it.

The 19 has a few hundred round through it, the 26's kit has...well, I don't know...but call it lots.

@Mitchell, Esq -- Do you have the Gen3 or Gen4 kit? I got a Gen4 kit (AAC19-23G4) for my Gen4 G19 on Thursday. Trip 3 to the range this evening, and I'm still getting a high number of failures to eject. I haven't been carefully counting because I keep thinking I'll get past some break-in period and the FTEs will stop. Must be something like 10-20+ per 200 rounds, using only the top recommended CCI Mini-Mag 22 LR 1235 FPS 40 grain ammo (UPC 076683000309). Made a long inquiry to the manufacturer tonight to see what can be done. I'm new to this forum and don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll probably post more details in a separate thread after I've read what has already been said.

Thanks,

Lee

Run it wet and clean it well.

Try WW 40 grain solids, mine likes those.

I have one for the 17/34 frames, and I love the hell out of it. I'm actually setting mine up as an Open Rimfire gun for Steel Challenge because why not?

Advantage Arms Gen4 conversion kit for Gen4 Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Run it wet and clean it well.

Try WW 40 grain solids, mine likes those.
    @Mitchell, Esq. Thanks, that is good to know. Seemed a bit odd that AA Inc. recommends only 3 bullets for the Gen4 kits, and "NOT Recommended: Any Winchester ammo...". BTW, since you've had your kit for a while, is it safe to say that it is a Gen3? AA Inc.'s posted kit list doesn't even acknowledge the existence of a Gen4 kit for the G19 yet. But I was lucky to locate this GSA Advantage outfit called CMC Government Supply that had the product in stock.

I made trip # 4 to the NRA HQ range in Fairfax today for more controlled testing with logs. I see a pattern of failures to eject relating to the magazine springs. I shot the first 100 rounds of the top recommended CCI Mini-Mag 22 LR 1235 FPS 40 grain ammo with the mags loaded to capacity at 10 each. Of the 4 mags, one had no FTEs, 2 had 1 FTE and one had 3 FTEs. Next reload with the second 100 rounds, I cut the count to 5 rounds each. Zero FTEs all around. Went up to 7 rounds each, and still no FTEs. Increased to 8 rounds each, and one mag that had a failure before, had another single FTE. That was the last of my recommended ammo on hand, so I decided while my wife was shooting to load up some Winchester 22 LR 36 grain 1280 FPS hollow point copper plated "22LR555HP". AA Inc. said no hollow points so I didn't expect them to work, but was curious. The first mag of 8 ran through with no problem, which I found interesting. The next mag failed to feed on every round so I quit after about 4 FTFs. In hind sight, I wish I had noted the mag that worked and the one that failed. Meanwhile, my CZ 75 Kadet eats these same Winchester hollow points like candy all day long.

My order for the other two AA Inc. recommended bullets (Remington High Velocity .22 LR Lead Plated Round Nose 40 Grain 1255 fps and Federal Champion Target AutoMatch Solid 40 Grain 1200 fps) should arrive from CheaperThanDirt.com before next weekend, so I'll do more testing then.

I have had real good success with the bulk Remington Golden bullets in a Kimber and AA G19 conversion kits. They run a little hotter than the bulk 550/525 pack Federal ammo.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I have had real good success with the bulk Remington Golden bullets in a Kimber and AA G19 conversion kits. They run a little hotter than the bulk 550/525 pack Federal ammo.
    Same, I run golden bullets through my gen 3 g19 kit all the time. Malfunctions every once in a while but for what I use it for, its fine.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    @Mitchell, Esq. Thanks, that is good to know. Seemed a bit odd that AA Inc. recommends only 3 bullets for the Gen4 kits, and "NOT Recommended: Any Winchester ammo...". BTW, since you've had your kit for a while, is it safe to say that it is a Gen3? AA Inc.'s posted kit list doesn't even acknowledge the existence of a Gen4 kit for the G19 yet. But I was lucky to locate this GSA Advantage outfit called CMC Government Supply that had the product in stock.
    They probably didn't update the site yet.

WW Ammo may not be recommended, but the 40gr solids @ 1300fps worked for me.
    CCI works better for me in my 26's kit, but WW is fine in my 19 equal with CCI.

If yours won't function with CCI, I would go with the WW and see.

User Tag List