Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX?

More funsies

Since moving to a JP5 for competition, looking for niches and uses for the MPX for entertainment and training.

Got an Omega 9K stamp to go along with my Sidewinder, need more space in the handguard to fit the suppressors and to match the length and balance to my JP5 compared to the 8-10" configurations I had played with.

So ordered 10.5" and 14" Midwest Industries handguards to play around with and see if I can get a suppressed Steel Challenge training analogue to not annoy the neighbors.

Anyone here using a DA Wolfman on their MPX? I’m trying to determine if one will fit under the SIG handguard - I have a spare 8” HG for my 4.5” MPX-K.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So much freaking fun!

Thanks to @Mike C for suggesting the Omega 9k.

I love this combination.

Name:  F871FC17-80A1-4E6A-8F3F-E56C8C9CE581.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  67.0 KB

The Omega 9K is interesting. Do you know if it’s a HUB can? Looking at their website makes me think it is.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Omega 9K is interesting. Do you know if it’s a HUB can? Looking at their website makes me think it is.
    I don't know what that means? It's a nice welded can that has direct thread options or with use with a Plan B or Cherry Bomb adapter.

Can stand up to 300 blk supers and some people have used it for 223 in a pinch but no guarantees on that. But it's a relatively short can which is nice and it's not as heavy as my full rifle cans.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I don't know what that means? It's a nice welded can that has direct thread options or with use with a Plan B or Cherry Bomb adapter.

Can stand up to 300 blk supers and some people have used it for 223 in a pinch but no guarantees on that. But it's a relatively short can which is nice and it's not as heavy as my full rifle cans.
    My understanding is that HUB is an industry standard rear thread - I’m curious if your suppressor can use Dead Air’s KeyMo or KeyMicro attachment system.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/keymo/
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My understanding is that HUB is an industry standard rear thread - I’m curious if your suppressor can use Dead Air’s KeyMo or KeyMicro attachment system.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/keymo/
    https://www.eccomachine.net/our-faqs/
    Looks like no, then...

The most common standard pattern is 1.375-24 (1-3/8 24 UN) threads, called Bravo threads, but also sometimes referred to as “ASR”, “Hybrid” or “Omega .300” pattern, and now also “H.U.B”. The progenitor of this pattern was SilencerCo, and that’s why most of the references incorporate their terminology. There are many, many mount adapters and direct thread mounts offered in this pattern, and most manufacturers have adopted this for their suppressors.

The next common pattern is 1.125-28 (1-1/8 28 UN) Alpha pattern, also originated by SilencerCo and sometimes called “Omega 9K” or “Octane” in reference to SilencerCo’s models. Not as common as Bravo pattern, there are still multiple companies making suppressors and adapters in Alpha pattern, usually pistol suppressors, but a few rifle models.

A third, less common pattern is 1.1875-24 (1-3/16 24 UN). This one is trickier, because there is also 1.180-24 out there, which is nearly identical, but not completely interchangeable. 1.180-24 male threaded adapters will install in 1.1875-24 female threaded cans, but the reverse is not true. You will find these patterns associated with Gemtech, Liberty and SWR suppressors, as well as some Form 1 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    https://www.eccomachine.net/our-faqs/
    Looks like no, then...

The most common standard pattern is 1.375-24 (1-3/8 24 UN) threads, called Bravo threads, but also sometimes referred to as “ASR”, “Hybrid” or “Omega .300” pattern, and now also “H.U.B”. The progenitor of this pattern was SilencerCo, and that’s why most of the references incorporate their terminology. There are many, many mount adapters and direct thread mounts offered in this pattern, and most manufacturers have adopted this for their suppressors.

The next common pattern is 1.125-28 (1-1/8 28 UN) Alpha pattern, also originated by SilencerCo and sometimes called “Omega 9K” or “Octane” in reference to SilencerCo’s models. Not as common as Bravo pattern, there are still multiple companies making suppressors and adapters in Alpha pattern, usually pistol suppressors, but a few rifle models.

A third, less common pattern is 1.1875-24 (1-3/16 24 UN). This one is trickier, because there is also 1.180-24 out there, which is nearly identical, but not completely interchangeable. 1.180-24 male threaded adapters will install in 1.1875-24 female threaded cans, but the reverse is not true. You will find these patterns associated with Gemtech, Liberty and SWR suppressors, as well as some Form 1 stuff.
    That’s really useful info, thank you!

I was just chatting with a NH friend about how hard it is to decide, and he reminded me that his advice is always YHM when the specs work. In the case of my MPX-K he felt it would be hard to beat a YHM R9, I could stick a DA HUB KeyMo on the back and stuff it under the HG.

I hope to learn more next weekend, and get something ordered.
    Ken

Since this ^^^ I purchased a YHM R9 and added ILWT three lug adapters to the MPXes instead of going KeyMo. I have plenty of time to prepare, Form 4s seem to run nine months or so.

Months ago I picked up a ILTW adjustable gas plug at @JCN’s suggestion. I just ordered a single pin gauge (I’m cheap) to see if I need to have the gas ports opened up. I’ll get the plug mounted on the MPX-K and will probably order a second for the Copperhead-K.
    Ken

This is fun… the MPX-K with R9.

Ken

User Tag List