Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mark Garrity still in business?

SLG and Todd, thanks for the clarification.
    Todd, I do disagree with you on one part - I don't think there is enough dedicated leather AIWB options on the market. There is a bunch of straight drop holsters, and some are now available with increased ride height, and even reverse cant, but I find that to be only partly sufficient for AIWB, at least for my body. There is one design that I've recently found and it does look interesting - and its maker has just made it less available. There is another hugely reputable maker who has built appendix rigs I've just learned about by chance, and he doesn't even have his AIWB design on his website. I certainly hope that Mark gets this thing going again, and other leather AIWB designs become available.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Gentlemen,
    The purpose of this thread was to solicit the help of Mr. Garrity’s peers in the holster industry, in re-establishing communication with him. It is my intention to resolve our dispute in a more civilized manner via e-mail or phone conversation. I am still seeking assistance in this matter.
    Knowing what his "day job" is, I would imagine an informal inquiry to a detective in his department as to possibly seeking fraud charges would get things rolling in a hurry.
    Tell them charges or an official report are your last resort and if Mark would just make things right you'll be satisfied.
    Give them your contact info and request it be passed along to him "off the record" and if the situation is resolved nothing else will be said.
    I don't mind long wait times or even missed timelines as long as communication is maintained.
    Even a one line email response would probably suffice.
    Take my money and disappear beyond the dispute resolution deadline and I'm going to assume you're stealing from me and respond accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    SLG and Todd, thanks for the clarification.
    Todd, I do disagree with you on one part - I don't think there is enough dedicated leather AIWB options on the market. There is a bunch of straight drop holsters, and some are now available with increased ride height, and even reverse cant, but I find that to be only partly sufficient for AIWB, at least for my body. There is one design that I've recently found and it does look interesting - and its maker has just made it less available. There is another hugely reputable maker who has built appendix rigs I've just learned about by chance, and he doesn't even have his AIWB design on his website. I certainly hope that Mark gets this thing going again, and other leather AIWB designs become available.
    Who is this other reputable one that you heard about by chance?

I would think that Desbiens line could realistically cover anyone's preferences. button loop, sewn loop, high or low ride, vertical or reverse cant. Then there's JRC with his new AIWB, Mitch Rosen's Tito, TT Gunleather's AIWB...there's probably more too, from lesser known makers. I'm not against more options, but I don't think we're hurting.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Who is this other reputable one that you heard about by chance?

I would think that Desbiens line could realistically cover anyone's preferences. button loop, sewn loop, high or low ride, vertical or reverse cant.
    The DGL line lacks a facility to tuck the butt of the pistol into ones torso. I like Rhome's work, and I have a couple of his pieces; but for me at least, concealability is somewhat lacking.
    Last edited by JDM; 01-07-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Knowing what his "day job" is, I would imagine an informal inquiry to a detective in his department as to possibly seeking fraud charges would get things rolling in a hurry.
    Tell them charges or an official report are your last resort and if Mark would just make things right you'll be satisfied.
    Give them your contact info and request it be passed along to him "off the record" and if the situation is resolved nothing else will be said.
    I don't mind long wait times or even missed timelines as long as communication is maintained.
    Take my money and disappear beyond the dispute resolution deadline and I'm going to assume you're stealing from me and respond accordingly.
    This is probably what is going to have to happen and I'd certainly be pursuing it if he had my money and was six months past deadline let alone six months without communication.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    The DGL line lacks a facility to tuck the butt of the pistol into ones torso. I like Rhome's work, and i have a couple of his pieces, but, for me at least, concealability is somewhat lacking.
    That's been my experience too.

TGS, via pm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Then there's JRC with his new AIWB
    My very limited experience with the JRC holster is showing that it has sufficient butt tuck. And if it's not just right for you, it's adjustable with the circular spacers.

The only thing I didn't like (initially) is the ride height, but that will be fixed shortly. We've been talking via phone and email to come up with a better loop, one that's adjustable for ride height, and conceals better. Once that arrives, I may shelf my Shaggy.

Another lost customer here

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post

I'd like to acknowledge that is is my first post on this forum. And regretfully, it is because I too have been stiffed by Garrity Gunleather.
    My account goes as follows:

ME: 1/27/2011 -
    I have attached the order form, and am looking forward to a nearly perfect AIWB!
    I understand it'll take some time, let me know when/how I can pay for it.

ME: 2/13/2011 -
    Mark:
    I don't mean to be a pest, but am wondering if you have received my
    order... see below.
    Did you get it?
    I am thinking somehow I get lost in your spam filter...

MARK: 2/13/2011
    Yes, I've got you in my order book.
    E-mails to the mark@garritysgunleather.com address are suppose to be routed to the garritysgunleather@cox.net inbox, but in some cases that is not happening. I have my web-guy looking into it.
    No problem on the back mouthband and loop with cordovan holster body combination.
    I have had no complaints whatsoever about any of my color dyes bleeding, but the entire rear of the In-Victus except the mouthband is covered with a light buff-colored suede anyway.

ME: 4/20/2011
    Mark:
    Any potential update on a completion date?
    Thanks.
    - John

MARK: 4/20/2011
    John,
    I should be able to have this finished within a month.
    Give me a shout if you haven't heard back from me for payment arrangements by mid-May.

ME: 5/17/2011
    Mark:
    It's about mid-May, so here's your shout.
    Hopefully your finishing the best invictus you've ever made, and will
    soon be sending it to me.
    Let me know how I can pay.
    Thanks.

MARK: 5/18/2011
    I was just about to e-mail you with a couple questions and here you are!
    I started cutting a bunch of Glock 19/23 In-victus in the que yesterday and need to know two things for your's:
    What width for the belt loop, and full coverage rear shield or abbreviated?
    (I'm assuming right-handed as lefties are usually sure to specify).
    Let me know on these. I fell a little behind but will have it ready within two weeks.
    Total due is $ 175.25 ($ 170.00 plus $ 5.25 Priority Mail shipping), at your convenience.
    I am presently having a problem with my merchant account that processes credit card orders, so at this time I can only take payment by check or money order mailed to my P.O. Box, or through Pay-pal at this e-mail address. I apologize for that inconvenience. I also need your full shipping address.

ME: 5/18/2011
    That's good news... I'm getting excited now!
    Belt width: 1.5"
    Full cover rear shield
    Right handed.
    I can send a check to your POBox or paypal, your choice.
    Let me know which you prefer, and I'll get it sent/done.
    No rush at this point... I can wait an additional 2 weeks... or so.
    Thanks.
    <address removed... this is the internet afterall...>

MARK: 5/18/2011
    No problem on the loop or full rear shield. Pay-pal at your convenience is fine, unless a check is easier for you.

ME: 5/24/2011
    I sent paypal a few days ago.
    Should show up as being from 'juandelaselva@___________.com'
    Hope you got it... let me know if you have any issues/questions.
    Thanks.

ME: 6/6/2011
    Mark:
    How's the invictus coming along?
    Do you think you'll finish mine so I can have it by mid June?
    Let me know.
    Thanks.

ME: 6/13/2011
    Mark:
    Hello? You still out there?
    I think I read somewhere that you are a full time law enforcement
    officer, and do the leather working on the side... so I hope you are
    still healthy and safe. And, frankly, really hope you are finishing
    up the invictus I ordered and paid for through paypal... Can you give
    me a status update on that?
    Getting Worried in Oregon,

MARK: 6/15/2011
    It is just about finished. just needs some minor edgework and final finish to complete.
    Would have been done but we had an incident at work and I got called in on overtime on my days off.
    Just now got a cahnce to sit down and catch up on a few days worth of e-mails.
    I will e-mail you with the USPS tracking # when it ships so you can keep an eye out for it.

ME: 6/27/2011
    Thanks for the update

ME: 7/13/2011
    OK, I told myself I'd wait until July 15 until emailing again... But I just couldn't make it.
    I have a 'class' in early August that I would like to have the holster for... Do you think I'll receive it by then? Thanks Mark.

MARK: 7/13/2011
    John,
    Under normal circumstances you would have had this by now.
    I injured the 1st 3 fingers of my right-hand on duty a few weeks back.
    Nothing broken luckily, but badly bruised, swollen, and stiff enough that I couldn't even pull the DA trigger on my Sig unti just the past few days, let alone do any leatherwork. What really sucks is having all the time off work and not being able to produce anything. Why couldn't it have been my foot!! I do think the way things are healing that I'll be able to finish youirs up and have it to you before Augsut though.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding,
    Mark

...and that is the last I ever heard from him. I have patiently and politely emailed him monthly (not daily or hourly), and have not heard squat.
    I'd really like the holster, since I paid for it with mid-2011 valued Greenbacks, and would like to avoid unpleasantness, but we're coming up on a year anniversary since ordering, and 8 months since I paid.

Do you think calling the 'Department' will help?

- John

As an aside, I ordered a holster from American Holster Company, and it "functions" as AIWB. But is is a 'make-do' device... not a dedicated final solution.
    Last edited by juandelaselva; 01-25-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: grammer, verb tenses, etc.

I would strongly suggest contacting his police department.
    #RESIST

address...?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I would strongly suggest contacting his police department.
    from http://pistolsmith.com/holsters-belt...ther-back.html
    "In may of '03 I applied with a small AZ police department situated between Scottsdale and Phoenix...."

So, I am assuming he is with the Scottsdale Police Department
    3700 N 75th St, Scottsdale, AZ
    (480) 312-5000

Does any know if that is correct?

I plan on calling in the morning...

- John

User Tag List