Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Custom "tactical" or like clothing

Nope, I'm a slob
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Nope, I'm a slob
    Ditto.
    The only custom clothing I have or am ever likely to want to have were designed for 18th Century Tactical Wear, i.e., skulking behind a tree and potting at lobsterbacks.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Not "tactical" but I love me some Duluth trading pants. I have several different models and like things about each of them. If I could put the pockets of one on the material of another with the cut of the third I would be stoked.

Shit, no. The crap already costs in excess of it's actual worth.

The stuff that fits and has good features needs to be replaced on an annual-or-less basis, if you need to maintain a certain appearance standard where "tattered" or "distressed" isn't in the description..

The stuff that lasts gives you blisters on your taint, or comes in limited color options, or the inseam reads 32" when it SHOULD read -- 32" (+/-2") --

Bespoke tac clothing will, however, doubtless attract the Nutfancies and other disparate shemagh-homos out there, so me saying it's stupid in no way means it stands no chance at being a money-maker.

And, whichever assclown who makes this stuff, custom or no, will STILL position the "thigh" pockets of trousers in such a way that if you put anything other than lightweight stuff in them, will bash the everloving bejeezus out of the outside of your knee as you run. It's like a goddamned guild bylaw, or something.

I'd pay real money for a tac clothing maker to just engage in some professional honesty for once, and publicly advertise those pockets under the description "f**k your knee pockets."

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What kind of turn around time, warranty service and other qualities would you like to see or be offered?

Meaning, you would rather have a "purchase assistant" style of buying, or everything you buy will be 100% made to your requirements and nothing else?
    Six to eight weeks would be livable, I don't expect a warranty on clothes but I want the fit right guaranteed, and I'd like Oxford commas included if you don't mind.

For a custom product like this I expect a storefront, an appointment, and half an hour of fitting followed by half an hour of fabric and cut selection. Makes plenty of sense with a $2K suit; I'm not sure how a company could make money with that model on $250 pants, but if the pants aren't full bore custom I'm not paying $250 for them.

User Tag List