Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I really like the loop of the Pro! Hopefully KevinB will have some good reports.
    While speaking with Trent over at Unity Tactical, he noted that the DP Pro is taller than the RMR, and that the BUIS would in turn have to be taller, too. That, and the addition in weight (as the DP Pro uses steel and aluminum rather than magnesium like the original DP), has turned me over to the RMR RM06 for my P30LS (which should arrive back in my hands any day now). Just something to ponder.

IIRC, the RMR06 was one of the main villains in the "My RMR is intermittent!" sweepstakes. That's the "dual-power" version, right?

Although, I do seem to recall Doc saying they had fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    IIRC, the RMR06 was one of the main villains in the "My RMR is intermittent!" sweepstakes. That's the "dual-power" version, right?

Although, I do seem to recall Doc saying they had fixed that.
    It's the adjustable 3.25 MOA ones, so not the ones with the tritium or fiber optic. I do hope they fixed it, otherwise I'll be less than happy. There's a bit of talk on Lightfighter recently about those issues even in relatively newer models of that line, but that appears to be simply a battery contact issue.

Speaking of dots on pistols, Kahr just dropped this announcement:

http://www.kahr.com/gen2-premium.asp...ampaign=buffer

I...I kind of want one, albeit without the stupid extended ported barrel. I can't tell you WHY I want one, I just sort of do.

Name:  Gen2_Premium_Features.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  51.5 KB

I'll be adding Kahr to my list of SHOT Show stops for the first time in ages thanks to this.

Out to 100 yards, might a RDS equipped long slide hicap semiauto bridge the hit capability gap between a carbine and a pistol - somewhere around where the AR pistols are sitting?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hitting in the 25-100 yard range with a pistol involves:

1) the accuracy of the pistol

2) the accuracy of the ammo in that pistol

3) regulation of the sight(s)

4) ability to see the sights, so as to be able to align them properly

5) ability to press the trigger without disturbing the sights

The red dot helps with regulation/ability to properly see and align the sight(s), but not the other requirements -- accuracy of the handgun and ammo, and ability to work the trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It's the adjustable 3.25 MOA ones, so not the ones with the tritium or fiber optic. I do hope they fixed it, otherwise I'll be less than happy. There's a bit of talk on Lightfighter recently about those issues even in relatively newer models of that line, but that appears to be simply a battery contact issue.
    Okay, thanks. Mine is an RMR02, an older example, but I haven't used it hard- or long- enough to establish a "track record". I've got three G19s set up with inletted RDS (the other two are Trijicon's clone of the JPoint, now long out-of-print) that I have been playing with on and off for a few years now; have yet to get real serious with it. I have, however, gained enough experience to understand many of the advantages- and the drawbacks- of the concept. The day will come when I need to go all-in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I...I kind of want one, albeit without the stupid extended ported barrel. .
    Agreed. That takes the term "lipstick on a pig" to new heights.

This puppy, sans the "compensator" and with a shorter barrel/slide, might be a decent CCW piece.

But why the trigger safety??? Simply to get a more Glock-like pull? Perhaps its my old DA revolver experience talking here, but the Kahr trigger as it exists on their other pistols is quite satisfactory for a defensive piece, to my mind. Perhaps this is just them trying a "race-gun" angle? If so, I wish them luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hitting in the 25-100 yard range with a pistol involves:

1) the accuracy of the pistol

2) the accuracy of the ammo in that pistol

3) regulation of the sight(s)

4) ability to see the sights, so as to be able to align them properly

5) ability to press the trigger without disturbing the sights

The red dot helps with regulation/ability to properly see and align the sight(s), but not the other requirements -- accuracy of the handgun and ammo, and ability to work the trigger.
    And good shooters have reported pretty large improvements in precision from 3 and 4 ergo leveraging 1 and 2. Seems viable. Being primarily a pistol shooter, a few times attempted I've seen very little difference in quick precision at 25 yards between a good pistol and a carbine. I haven't really worked it hard enough for a real data set.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Agreed. That takes the term "lipstick on a pig" to new heights.

This puppy, sans the "compensator" and with a shorter barrel/slide, might be a decent CCW piece.

But why the trigger safety??? Simply to get a more Glock-like pull? Perhaps its my old DA revolver experience talking here, but the Kahr trigger as it exists on their other pistols is quite satisfactory for a defensive piece, to my mind. Perhaps this is just them trying a "race-gun" angle? If so, I wish them luck with that...

I'd guess that the trigger safety is exactly that - to go a bit after Glock/S&W in the market place. Which is too bad, because I agree, the factory triggers on Kahr's are pretty dope.

User Tag List