Page 53 of 114 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

"What about the RMR makes it appealing for carbine use?"
    Short answer is a very crisp dot.

I am a FIRM believer in Aimpoints for LE Patrol rifles and have been well served by Aimpoints for many years. However, since my accident in 2009, the Aimpoint dots now appear as misshapen blobs to my damaged vision, especially when using a 4x magnifier. In contrast the 3.5 MOA RMR06 dot is crisp. At 100 yds, it perfectly fits into the center of an SR1 target. The RMR06 mated to an RM34 mount or similar mounts by LaRue or ADM makes for a very low profile optic.

This guy thinks they RMR's are OK on carbines:

Note that the photo of Pat above was from a 2 day class conducted in the rain as you can see from the puddle of water pooled in the background; the RMR's in the class exhibited no issues.

And here is the one I use:

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What are some good holster options, preferably AIWB, for a RDS equipped gun?
    Just got an email from Tony at JM Custom, his AIWB can be modified to work with this concept.

IMHO, the best AIWB I have tried so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just got an email from Tony at JM Custom, his AIWB can be modified to work with this concept.

IMHO, the best AIWB I have tried so far.
    Yes it can, I had one as well for a CORE PRO. Worked very well.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Not KevinB but I remember reading that was the "Delta Point 2" that got cancelled for replacement by the Pro.
    Looks like you are right!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...m_campaign=rss
    Last edited by Yute; 01-07-2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Remove additional picture

Is there a significant downside to the buis being all black instead of tritium? Or are tritium 3 dots prefered, or black rear and tritium front?

Asking because I'm planning on sending my slide to L&M to have buis installed, currently only has front sight and RM02. I figured it's dark enough to need tritium sights, the white light is already out.

(FWIW, Mark replied to my Sunday morning email within 30 mins, unbelievable)
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Is there a significant downside to the buis being all black instead of tritium? Or are tritium 3 dots prefered, or black rear and tritium front?

Asking because I'm planning on sending my slide to L&M to have buis installed, currently only has front sight and RM02. I figured it's dark enough to need tritium sights, the white light is already out.

No clue, as I haven't gone down the RMR road, YET. However, I plan on getting one done this year, it will have black BUIS. My thought's are I don't want to press the gun out and have 3 dot's plus the red dot, with no experience to go on, I feel it will be to cluttered.

^same thing I was thinking.

Would defintiely add some bright paint to the front sight
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post

I prefer either black/black or black rear tritium front. More dots seem to complicate things for me.

My RMR'd pistol wears the same setup (albeit taller versions) as the rest of my work guns; three-dot tritiums with no-outline rears that are Sharpie dimmed.

And agreed, Housel is the man. I can't give him high enough praise for his CS.

t

Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    I really like the loop of the Pro! Hopefully KevinB will have some good reports.

User Tag List