Page 40 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

The Unity Tactical Glock G17 slides with ATOM mount are performing very well. These are very high quality slides and over the past couple of months have had NO malfunctions are other problems. Interestingly, they incorporate the lowered ejection port suggested by Randy Lee at Apex--no BTF issues to date...

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Does anyone have any experience with the M&P C.O.R.E. Pistols that are already milled for a RDS?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the M&P C.O.R.E. Pistols that are already milled for a RDS?
    According to Hilton Yam, the mounts are not solid enough to ensure long term zero on a duty gun. But no personal experience myself, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by wilco423 View Post
    According to Hilton Yam, the mounts are not solid enough to ensure long term zero on a duty gun. But no personal experience myself, sorry.
    I was reading the articles on MSW but only saw the initial ones (first look, first range trip, etc). Thanks for the info!
    Edit: Of course there's a recent article on MSW, that I didn't see prior to my post. Still looks pretty interesting for my uses.
    Last edited by SGT_Calle; 12-21-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    I was reading the articles on MSW but only saw the initial ones (first look, first range trip, etc). Thanks for the info!
    Edit: Of course there's a recent article on MSW, that I didn't see prior to my post. Still looks pretty interesting for my uses.

I'm using a CORE

Now battery replacement needs to be part of your to do list - and never put a used battery from a T1 into your DP...
    Ask me how I know
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I'm using a CORE

Now battery replacement needs to be part of your to do list - and never put a used battery from a T1 into your DP...
    Ask me how I know
    Is that the same combo you ran at the RB1 course? Have you experienced any zero wander (outside of battery replacement)? I haven't read the whole thread at LF, sorry if it's been well covered.

We are diminished
    Ask me how I know
    I LOL'd.

Actually, I LOL'd both when it happened and now when I read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I LOL'd.

Actually, I LOL'd both when it happened and now when I read about it.

Even more impressive was the 6 minutes I spent after the timer went to figure out that my dot was dead and that maybe I should shoot it with Irons...

Wilco -- yes same setup, I have not seen any dot shift - either day to day or upon changing the battery (due to my highly skilled torque wrench like hands ) -- I would guess it gets beat up more in my RCS daily wear holster than in the SF 6354DO holster (due to the shield around the option on it.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

We are diminished
    Even more impressive was the 6 minutes I spent after the timer went to figure out that my dot was dead and that maybe I should shoot it with Irons...
    In all seriousness, I'm sure it felt like that but it was just a moment.

There's also the reality that when we're on the range we sometimes fall into a more diagnostic mode. There are folks who can run around shouting that the sky is falling because it's not TACTICAL but when something breaks and we can take the time to figure out what it is, sometimes our brains actually have the ability to realize we're not in a gunfight and we do, in fact, that the time to figure it out. There have been plenty of times when I started to tap-rack on a stoppage and then cut myself off so that I could actually examine what caused the stoppage.

User Tag List