Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I plan to run an RMR M&P (assuming I get on on an acceptable M&P) at the Rogers School in March. Since I was at RSS in Late October/early November, and shot an M&P Pro with iron sights, I will see the impact of the RDS on my scores on the daily school test.
    The feedback I received on the last group of RDS at the School was that dirt and debris tend to build up on the back side of the lens. It's probably worthwhile to institute some kind of cleaning protocol. This was enough of a problem that Bill designed a holster that covers the rear of of RDS to keep it clean. He showed it to me at SHOT but I do not know when it will be available.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Which model had the problem?

So far we have only seen it on the recent batch of RMR07's.
    He was referring to RM02's I believe because this has been what sounded like quite a while back. He was talking about a LW slide done by OST some time back.

Beyond his claim of movement I have no other information though.
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    The feedback I received on the last group of RDS at the School was that dirt and debris tend to build up on the back side of the lens. It's probably worthwhile to institute some kind of cleaning protocol. This was enough of a problem that Bill designed a holster that covers the rear of of RDS to keep it clean. He showed it to me at SHOT but I do not know when it will be available.
    Bill told me April/May on the new holsters and available for the Glock and M&P.

Micro Aimpoint w/BIS:

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    LSP972--Don Lazzarini at Santa Clara PD SWAT was mounting Dr Optics on Glocks and 1911's back in the late 90's and early 2000's--they worked OK, but several did get broken. Dr. Optic was NOT offering very good CS at that time. The military Dr. Optic is probably more durable than the JPoint. Have you looked at the ITI mRDS? .
    The military DR optic is not available for sale, I take it? Would it be safe to assume that the "civilian" DR and the JPoint are basically a wash? IOW, neither better than the other?

Nope, haven't seen the MRDS. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Unity Tactical has partnered with Mark Housel at L&M Precision Gunworks to bring a new option for RDS mounting to the market.

This new design uses a standardized cut on the slide to accept a variety of adapters. We have adapter designs for the T-1, RMR, Deltapoint, MRDS, Doctor, J-point, and iron sights. One of the great features about this design is its ability to be future optic compatible. The adapter plate is captured fore and aft by a dovetail on the slide and is held in place by two screws on the side of the slide. It offers the ability to use Backup Iron Sights in a variety of configurations as well.

We are very exicted about this partnership as Mark brings an immense amount of experience and wealth of knowledge on the subject and gunsmithing as a whole. L&M Precision has exclusive rights to the design and all ordering will be done through him. We will continue to work with him to develop this concept further and expand it to other platforms.

Pricing is not set yet, but will be very reasonable. The goal is to eventually have some adapters in stock and keep the lead time for slide milling down to a minimum.

The project is still in the prototype phase, but should be progressing quickly. Stay tuned!

We have run FEA and fatigue analysis on the new cut and interface between the slide and adapter, it looks to be a bomber solution.

It does mount the optic very slightly higher than a dedicated mill job, but the benefits outweigh this in our opinion.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks

Slight digression, but what's the draw of mounting an Aimpoint Micro over the RMR? Battery Life?

It looks like it would be large enough to make the setup awkward.

Compared to the RMR or RMR-A, the Micro Aimpoint has a better battery life, more adjustments to dot--including NV capability, better water proofing, greater durability, and it is exactly the same optic as already on many carbines thus providing an identical "sight picture".

Goteron,

have you guys started a patent process for this yet? if not I wouldn't be surprised to see this being copied by many others.
    Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    Goteron,

have you guys started a patent process for this yet? if not I wouldn't be surprised to see this being copied by many others.
    Yes we have. We would hope that competitors would innovate and not just copy. We arr all for honorable competition. It moves the market forward, and at the end of the day, were all on the same team. Our goal is to serve the military, law enforcement, and responsible armed civialians by releasing useful and valuable products. If we can do that, our mission will be complete. We will continue to improve this design and expand selections ( we have an M&P design, working on P30, XD, and a few others.)

This isn't our core business, but we have the contacts we need to get it into the hands of some guys that will really get some use out of it.

Thanks

User Tag List