Page 27 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Get the Unity Tactical ATOM mount and then you can switch between the different optics without any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Housel View Post
    The safety didn't require modification in this case.

Thx
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Get the Unity Tactical ATOM mount and then you can switch between the different optics without any problems...
    Thanks, Doc.

Cordially,
    John

As I have written previously, for a duty/CCW pistol, I like the RMR02 6-8 MOA dot.

For a range/target pistol, the smaller 2-4 MOA dots are appealing.

If the pistol is going to be in water, mud, snow, dust, then the the micro-Aimpoint is the best option by far.

The RMR dot is more clear and precise, the micro-Aimpoint is "fuzzier".

I generally run an RMR02 for carry and an RMR06 or 07 for practice--it is nice to be able to easily turn off the dot to practice with the BIS.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As I have written previously, for a duty/CCW pistol, I like the RMR02 6-8 MOA dot.

For a range/target pistol, the smaller 2-4 MOA dots are appealing.

If the pistol is going to be in water, mud, snow, dust, then the the micro-Aimpoint is the best option by far.

The RMR dot is more clear and precise, the micro-Aimpoint is "fuzzier".

I generally run an RMR02 for carry and an RMR06 or 07 for practice--it is nice to be able to easily turn off the dot to practice with the BIS.
    Doc, that is as specific as anybody could wish. I'm grateful.

PPQ w/Mark Housel installed RMR and BIS:

I bet that is amazing

Whoa... that PPQ is looking righteous!
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

Does that run with normal training ammo?

I finally got mine back from Bowie and have been pulling the trigger on it for the last few days.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is that the dot definitely magnifies mistakes you make as you pull the trigger. I'm coming from a nice, smooth, well broken in HK trigger. Even the G35 trigger (being nicer than stock) seems rough to me, and I can watch the dot as I pull it off target.

The 6354DO holster is slick, however compared to almost all other ALS holsters, the mounting holes are very high up on the holster. This puts the holster low, and with a MLS attachment, puts your middle finger too close to the ridged MLS receiver plate. I broke my middle finger nail on my first draw and abused it for the rest of the day. When I got home I found a 1/8" spacer I had laying around and installed it - it may be the answer for the MLS rig. Interestingly, a G22 and a G35 without a light or RMR will fit and lock in the 6354. Very cool.

I zeroed for 15 yards at Doc's recommendation. I found my hits to be about 0.5" low in the 7 yard area, and about 1" high at 50 yards. Very acceptable, and the holdover is very familiar from running a rifle.

I was able to put 5 rounds on a USPSA A zone at 50 yards in 5 seconds, from a draw. Sick.

I am very excited about the rig for SWAT work. I am going to do some testing/training with this rig using a shield, in a gas mask, in smoky areas, etc. I hope to get some good metrics and experience with it to communicate its effectiveness. I hope it works out.

Oh and just so we're clear ... I'm required to carry a G22 or G35 for SWAT missions.

User Tag List