Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: RDS on a SemiAuto

Our original RMR02's w/4 digit serial number appear more durable than all later RMR's produced after the introduction of the RMR-A's, all of which appear to have 5 digit serial numbers. In a slide mounted configuration, I would not trust 5 digit RMR02 any more than a 5 digit RMR-A until Trijicon unequivocally announces that more robust RMR's are being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Our original RMR02's w/4 digit serial number appear more durable than all later RMR's produced after the introduction of the RMR-A's, all of which appear to have 5 digit serial numbers. In a slide mounted configuration, I would not trust 5 digit RMR02 any more than a 5 digit RMR-A until Trijicon unequivocally announces that more robust RMR's are being produced.
    Very well put. I appreciate your clarification. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you again for documenting and publishing your experience.

Thanks for the report Doc. My RM07 is at Trijicon as we speak for an unrelated issue. I was under the impression that you had a few of those units worked on, and they came back with upgraded components..or did they simply replace the electronics with what was in there before? Anymore failures with those particular units?

Doc, what recommendation would you have for someone wanting to get an RMR and have Mark mill the slide in the next month or so?

I did a bunch of searching for answers to this question and no luck..

Has anyone ran the Dual-Illuminated RMR's like the RM08 on their side arms? How have they ran?

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic5586 View Post
    I did a bunch of searching for answers to this question and no luck..

Has anyone ran the Dual-Illuminated RMR's like the RM08 on their side arms? How have they ran?
    There are plenty of results saying not to run dual illuminated RMRs. Washout of the dot.

Is there anyone in the Atlanta area with a glock or M&P with an RMR that would be willing to let me shoot some lead down the pipe with it, if I provided quality ammunition to do so? I have a hankering to set up one of my M&P's with an RMR and or get a glock and set it up as it has a holster for it already. I just don't have the cash flow to pump out on one of these right now, and I am dying to shoot one of these setups.

Just received some of the new Safariland ALS P2 holsters for Glocks and M&P's with a mini-RDS (http://www.holsterops.com/als-p-2-optic-sight-holster). The production version of this holster is much improved over an earlier version we handled; many of the previous concerns have been addressed. The ALS P2 is essentially a black 6354DO with a flimsy plastic hood that just hinges back and forth over the optic, almost like an SLS strap, except it easily flicks out of the way on the draw and does not hinder re-holstering.

Best of all the optic cover hood is quite easy to remove! The holster for the M&P works with the full size M&P9/40 sized pistols, including those with the ambi-safety; the M&P45 full size barrels were a bit too long to fit. Our M&P9/40's with RMR milled into the slide by L&M Precision fit into the holster without need for any modifications. The holsters came with QLS forks installed. This is a GREAT duty holster for anyone running an M&P! Below are some photos with the optic hood removed:

Below is a left hand version for Glock, with the optic hood in place:

Do you know if they have plans for a light compatible version?

here is how to order a Glock or M&P holster for optics:

http://www.holsterops.com/als-p-2-optic-sight-holster

User Tag List