Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History of right to carry, Amicus brief on in Wrenn v. DC

Right......En bac was denied, so the 2-1 ruling, the three-judge appeals court panel agreed with the plaintiffs that the "Good Reason" requirement to gain a carry permit is unconstitutional. So D.C. may have to start issuing carry permits to more common people.

IMO they would be crazy to appeal to SCOTUS, but it won't surprise if they do. When they lose, then all the states that have "Good Reason" requirements to get a carry permit will all be unconstitutional.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    IMO they would be crazy to appeal to SCOTUS, but it won't surprise if they do. When they lose, then all the states that have "Good Reason" requirements to get a carry permit will all be unconstitutional.
    We can dream.

While I'd prefer it if Trump got another justice in, all the signs are right for a SCOTUS case at this point. Though, that split has existed for quite some time now.

Site Supporter
    I hope that the “good and sufficient reason” clause in the Maryland permit law will be overturned. My son lives in Baltimore and has no chance of getting a carry permit as it stands now.

User Tag List