Thread: Proper material for Glock frame repair?

Proper material for Glock frame repair?

So, I've got a botched frame that I'd like to smooth over and re-stipple. Anyone know what's the best material to use for glock frame repair/recontouring? I would assume some sort of two part epoxy-ish stuff.

Not qualified to answer this but with guys stippling back straps flush to frames, I would suspect you may be able to do something similar with those spare backstraps and some heat. Just an idea. Just so you know, I've never tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Here's just one way to do it .....

http://www.brownells.com/GunTech/Glo....htm?lid=10437
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Honestly.....I'd send it to Boresight Solutions. A few in our community have sent guns to him and they are all extremely happy with his work.
    #RESIST

Yeah, I've handled Ben's work and it's first rate. But this project doesn't deserve his time or cost.

I didn't know the acraglas could be dyed. that might be the ticket. Thanks!
    Last edited by theJanitor; 09-30-2015 at 11:49 AM.

This was years ago, but when I messed up a frame, Glock replaced it for cheap. Hopefully times haven't changed.

i think the $150 replacement is still available

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Honestly.....I'd send it to Boresight Solutions. A few in our community have sent guns to him and they are all extremely happy with his work.
    Pretty sure Ben isn't taking repair work any longer.

Try Permatex "Permaoxy" use playdo to fill in any gaps you don't want the epoxy to enter. By following the Brownell's procedure recommended by 41magfan, it should give you good results. I have repaired gouges & scrapes in the frame with excellent results. You should be able to do it with minimal trouble.

"Permaoxy item # is 84115."

Good luck!!

Thanks!

User Tag List