Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Each point down will now equal 1 second added to your time...

I was actually trying to find a serape. I kept coming up with poncho though.

I wanna shoot my next match with as ridiculous of a garment as possible.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about a serape?

I've always wanted to wear one of those of a match.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

"The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    I've always wanted to wear one of those of a match.
    Serape and a Viking helmet.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 09-30-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

That's SASS guys, that's a whole new thread
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Glen there a couple pf members shooting the cedar idpa matches FYI. Cover comes back next month!

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Do it!

Lest anyone think I am all serious and deferential to USPSA, or take myself very seriously, I am totally with orionz06 on this. I mock myself and everything around me by wearing the leopard print hats and Fully Bearded Operator SpongeBob backpack at USPSA. I'm just sorry that my tiger shirt has not worked out for USPSA so far!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I don't personally have any feelings one way or the other re the concealment garment thing. Those looking to win are going to seek out every advantage they can. It's a game, get over it. Those looking to use the game as a means of vetting their carry stuff, awesome, but don't get all butthurt when someone gains an advantage by doing something that's well within the rules.

I'm as frustrated as anyone with IDPAs wishy-washy rules stuff, but all the associated drama between our shooting sports is pretty foolish, IMO, and just serves to create rifts at a time when we should really all be standing together.

One point that hasn't been brought up is that jerseys and vests (the IDPA equivalent of a jersey, IMO) offer sponsors and supporters some much due attention and advertising. "Goofy" and "Gamey" as they may be, they're giving back to those entities supporting the shooting/firearms culture, and I for one think that's good.

t
    Crazy talk!

I for one, hardly give a crap about IDPA v USPSA or who thinks they play the cooler game. It's a chance for me to get out of the house, shoot rapid fire courses and shoot the shit with other people who like shooting.

That's about all I look for in a gun game lately.

Then again, for the longest time, my home state had no concealed carry, so running my "carry gear" in a match was a ridiculous notion.

I was specifically talking about how people are senile if they think standing with 50% of their body behind a garbage can is "training" to "use cover" in da streetz.
    Concealment garments are an entirely different issue where folks have created an entire market for completion specific garments. I'm all for concealment garments but only those that are real. I would argue that those who wear race vests aren't being good ambassadors for IDPA.
    Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I agree 50% is too much, but 50% is a helluva lot better than exposing the entire body and not having practiced using cover at all. At least we get people to lean rather than stick their legs out and give up their position. At least we practice with some kind of concealment garments. At least we engage targets as we see them from cover or from near to far, as makes more sense tactically. Going back to cover...it should be 10% or barely enough to see, but how does a safety officer measure that? IDPA has to also be easy enough for Safety Officers to assess proper use of cover. Sure, sometimes we are gonna call a ball a strike and a strike a ball. Until we have technology that can assess and penalize shooters with precision, or shoot back with simunitions or airsoft guns, we have to use SO's who have to make the call.

Or should we just hope a stall-based shooting sport with no movement will serve them in a self defense situation? Or should we just hope a speed-shooting sport, such as USPSA with absolutely no use of cover and no tactical priority will serve a person in a self-defense situation?

IDPA continues to provide value to novices and concealed carriers at a price point that tactical training systems cannot touch. It's a start, and hopefully will lead to more advancing into tactical training with self defense experts. Is IDPA the end-game?...No, but for many it gets them started.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List