Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best aftermarket barrel to improve accuracy in a Glock 19/17?

Best aftermarket barrel to improve accuracy in a Glock 19/17?

I shot a PPQ back to back with my G19 and the Walther was noticeably more accurate than the Glock. It would be nice to make the G19 equal to the PPQ in this regard. Anyone have any recommendations? Im referring to, increasing the inherent mechanical accuracy. Im already well aware that a shooter needs to train a bunch to maximize the performance of a pistol.

Site Supporter
    A fitted BarSto is on the top of my list for quality Glock barrels.

1.) Fitted Bar-Sto
    2.) Fitted Jarvis tie w/a 2.) Fitted Briley
    4.) Fitted KKM

That's my list anyway for aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    A fitted BarSto is on the top of my list for quality Glock barrels.
    +1 I plan to get a G17 or 34 set up with one of those someday too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Bar-Sto are top notch IMO.

Sample size of one: save your money, shoot stock. Yep, Glocks are not as accurate intrinsically as other higher-end pistols, but a) they are accurate enough b) I am not certain match grade helps.

I have a fitted Briley barrel for my G19, job done by Briley themselves. It came with 50 rounds worth of Ransom testing, 5 groups of 10 HST rounds each, average group aboutn3 inches, range 2.4 to 3.4. Unimpressive to me, to say the least. I was told Ransom was not a good way to test Glocks; what is, then?
    Anyway, in my hands stock shot just as well as match grade, so I switched to stock.

Again, sample size of 1.

If my skill level was truly at the point where I could significantly benefit from the incrimental performance gain from a quality aftermarket barrel, I might be inclined to go the Bar-Sto route. The reality is that the stock barrel does quite well (re: Sevigny, Vogel, Rogers, et al), and there are other software skills that I'm far better off spending my resources on.

Best, Jon

While the plural of anecdote is not data, I have a fitted Barsto barrel in one Glock 20 and can tell no difference in accuracy between it and several other 20's with stock barrels. Now the difference in accuracy between a Barsto and stock 1911 barrel is night and day. I am not interested in an after market barrel in any plastic pistol except an M&P 9.
    Last edited by GJM; 11-27-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

If I recall correctly, Team Glock used KKM barrels in the Bianchi Cup guns, which is very accuracy intensive.

Bar-Sto can provide a fitted barrel that will shoot a 1" group at 25 yards.

User Tag List