Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A brief Review on the Trijicon RMR on a Glock 19 after 6 months of use.

A brief Review on the Trijicon RMR on a Glock 19 after 6 months of use.

Roughly 6 months ago I had Doug (ATEI) mill my Glock 19 to fit a Trijicon RMR and Ameriglo BUIS. In those six months I have atteneded 4 MDFI classes, a Pat Rogers class, fired 4500 rounds of 9mm range ammo, 150 rounds of 124gr+p Ranger-T, dropped the gun two times, carried it almost every day in a Raven Concealment holster, ran the RMR off of my belt, holster, knee, boot, table, barricade and a table, and cleaned the gun and optic only once.

I initially zero'd the RMR at 25 yards the day I got the slide back from Doug at my club's indoor range, and since then I have not touched adjusted the dials at all, the sight has been removed from the slide at least four or five times since then, and I have yet to change the batteries. Today, I decided to recheck the zero after 6 months of everyday use and some abuse, I shot two 5 round groups at 25 yards off of a barricade and sure enough all hits were consistent and within the 10 ring on a B-27r target.

I have yet to run any other optic on a handgun but after my experience and hearing the stories of others I will only run a Trijicon RMR on my fighting/carry/competition/what have you firearm.

Here are a few pictures of the sight after 6 months.

Chemist.

Damn. That's high praise.

Which reticle do you have?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Damn. That's high praise.

Which reticle do you have?
    RMR02 its the 8 moa LED RMR.
    Chemist.

I'm awfully tempted to do this.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

This will cost me money....
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Are the dings on the front face of the RMR a result of you using the sight as a means to cycle the action or brass smacking it?

I am seriously thinking of having my 21 done this way. As my eyes crap out further and further the more appealing this treatment becomes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    or brass smacking it?
    FWIW: Some folks run the rear sight in front of the RMR, that brings it further to the rear and less likely to be hit by brass.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Are the dings on the front face of the RMR a result of you using the sight as a means to cycle the action or brass smacking it?

I am seriously thinking of having my 21 done this way. As my eyes crap out further and further the more appealing this treatment becomes.
    They are from cycling the action and probably dropping it, I can count on one hand the number of times I have had brass smack it, and that was with some really light reloads, otherwise no issue.
    Chemist.

Site Supporter
    Did you try and rear sight in front of the RMR at any point? I will be doing this to an M&P at the first of the year and the only questions I have left are rear sight position and who to have mill the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Did you try and rear sight in front of the RMR at any point? I will be doing this to an M&P at the first of the year and the only questions I have left are rear sight position and who to have mill the slide.
    A shot a m&p that was setup this way, and I felt teh BUIS behind the RMR worked better, at least when starting off, I don't really see a benefit to having teh rear sight in front of the RMR, some say it may deflect oil/brass/dirt but I haven't had an issue with any of those.

For slide milling, I would say OST or the guy I go through Doug (he does all the work for magpul dynamics guns).

this is his website.

http://www.ateiguns.com/
    Chemist.

User Tag List