Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice ammunition?

Currently using BVAC 9mm 124 gr ($9.33/50).

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    whatever walmart has on their shelves at the time is what I practice with. Usually Federal, WWB, or occasionally UMC. I had a lot less issues when they had Blazer Brass before Federal. I mainly shoot at indoor ranges that dont let you shoot steel or lead.
    This is basically me. Once in a blue moon I'll buy a box from the range if I'm pressed for time and can't stop ahead of a practice session, but given they want like $13-14/box for 9mm and $17-18 for .40 (and it's usually Blazer steel at that), I try not to do that too often.

That's actually what's got me looking to change platforms now. I bought my USP in .40 S&W when I was first starting out and before I knew much of anything about terminal balistics; these days I'd rather shoot 50% more 9mm and rely on proficiency rather than caliber.

With 357 magnum I have to take what I can find or afford, with 45 acp it's usually WWB or Aguila.

I'll just go with whoever has the best price on a case whenever I need it. Right now in the ammo closet is mostly Winchester for the .45, S&B for the 9mm, Blazer for the .38, and IMI for the 5.56.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Yeah, buy from whatever store with the lowest final price on brass cased full power ammo and my guns eat anything I feed so far. Don't want to try steel cased ammo and the aluminum cased ammo is not that much of a saving to me.

I use whatever's cheapest. Wolf, UMC, you name it.

I reload so I can afford to shoot more.

PMC 9mm 115gr FMJ or S&B 9mm 115gr FMJ-no problems with either.

For my carbine, 62gr brown bear, I have 800 rounds left of it. I did get 1200 rounds of IMI M183 for the Vickers class later this year, just to reduce risk of anything slowing me down.

For my precision upper, PPU 75gr

For my 9mm, UMC/whatever walmart has cheapest

I did get 1200 rounds of IMI M183 for the Vickers class later this year, just to reduce risk of anything slowing me down.

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    I reload so I can afford to shoot more.
    That is how I do it. 9mm, 40, and 45 cost me less than $110 per thousand.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List